I have a high ppm reading after first filter change

Nick772

Hi help needed please had my to filter system up and running great since July ppm has just gone up to 002 so thought I would change filters and resin now it's shot up to 0.15 ppm I don't understand why any help appreciated

1 minute ago, Nick772 said:

Hi help needed please had my to filter system up and running great since July ppm has just gone up to 002 so thought I would change filters and resin now it's shot up to 0.15 ppm I don't understand why any help appreciated

Good evening. Are you using only a Di & resin or a R/0 4040 system with a resin to polish off 

If it's an R/0 have you flushed the new membranes for around an hour 

It's a 200 god system it's got a sediment and carbon filters then 2 membrane s and a resin filter it was fine until I just changed the filters and refilled the resin

55 minutes ago, Nick772 said:

It's a 200 god system it's got a sediment and carbon filters then 2 membrane s and a resin filter it was fine until I just changed the filters and refilled the resin

Is the resin filled to the correct level and riser tube fitted correctly? 

Is your resin in date and stored in an air tight container 

Edited by Apw1210
Dyslexic

I bought the resin about 2 weeks ago and keeping it in a Tupperware box in a dry place

The resin cartridge is full to the top I've done everything the same as when I first set the system up

12 minutes ago, Nick772 said:

I bought the resin about 2 weeks ago and keeping it in a Tupperware box in a dry place

The resin cartridge is full to the top I've done everything the same as when I first set the system up

I am correct in saying you have a small under sink style Di RO system as the work cartridge doesn't sound right to me 

3 minutes ago, Apw1210 said:

I am correct in saying you have a small under sink style Di RO system as the work cartridge doesn't sound right to me 

It's from xline 200gpd it's been working fine for 8 weeks just changed the filters and it's gone high readings 

Just now, Nick772 said:

It's from xline 200gpd it's been working fine for 8 weeks just changed the filters and it's gone high readings 

Sounds like the RO membrane is shot. When was it last changed? And whats your tap water TDS reading before filtering? Carbon block and sediment do nothing other than remove particles and chlorine. 

1 minute ago, Apw1210 said:

Sounds like the RO membrane is shot. When was it last changed? And whats your tap water TDS reading before filtering? Carbon block and sediment do nothing other than remove particles and chlorine. 

Brand new in July this year 

1 minute ago, Nick772 said:

Brand new in July this year 

Tap reading about 230

Measure the tds after the membrane before the resin. That way you should be able to see if it's a membrane issue or a resin issue.

I assume you are 100% that you put all pipes on correctly and flushed the membrane before attaching the resin? 

On the DI Cartridge you haven’t by any chance dropped the “o” ring. There should be a black “o” ring seated on the top if I’m correct. That may explain why your resin is not working.

On 20/09/2020 at 23:10, doug atkinson said:

On the DI Cartridge you haven’t by any chance dropped the “o” ring. There should be a black “o” ring seated on the top if I’m correct. That may explain why your resin is not working.

Hi thanks for advice in the end it was my fault with the resin cartridge I hadn't filled and packed it out enough when I did that back to 000 ppm happy days