Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I have a high ppm reading after first filter change

Nick772

Hi help needed please had my to filter system up and running great since July ppm has just gone up to 002 so thought I would change filters and resin now it's shot up to 0.15 ppm I don't understand why any help appreciated

Hi help needed please had my to filter system up and running great since July ppm has just gone up to 002 so thought I would change filters and resin now it's shot up to 0.15 ppm I don't understand why any help appreciated
Good evening. Are you using only a Di & resin or a R/0 4040 system with a resin to polish off 

If it's an R/0 have you flushed the new membranes for around an hour 

It's a 200 god system it's got a sediment and carbon filters then 2 membrane s and a resin filter it was fine until I just changed the filters and refilled the resin

It's a 200 god system it's got a sediment and carbon filters then 2 membrane s and a resin filter it was fine until I just changed the filters and refilled the resin
Is the resin filled to the correct level and riser tube fitted correctly? 

Is your resin in date and stored in an air tight container 

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought the resin about 2 weeks ago and keeping it in a Tupperware box in a dry place

The resin cartridge is full to the top I've done everything the same as when I first set the system up

I bought the resin about 2 weeks ago and keeping it in a Tupperware box in a dry place

The resin cartridge is full to the top I've done everything the same as when I first set the system up
I am correct in saying you have a small under sink style Di RO system as the work cartridge doesn't sound right to me 

It's from xline 200gpd it's been working fine for 8 weeks just changed the filters and it's gone high readings 
Sounds like the RO membrane is shot. When was it last changed? And whats your tap water TDS reading before filtering? Carbon block and sediment do nothing other than remove particles and chlorine. 

Measure the tds after the membrane before the resin. That way you should be able to see if it's a membrane issue or a resin issue.

I assume you are 100% that you put all pipes on correctly and flushed the membrane before attaching the resin? 

On the DI Cartridge you haven’t by any chance dropped the “o” ring. There should be a black “o” ring seated on the top if I’m correct. That may explain why your resin is not working.

On the DI Cartridge you haven’t by any chance dropped the “o” ring. There should be a black “o” ring seated on the top if I’m correct. That may explain why your resin is not working.
Hi thanks for advice in the end it was my fault with the resin cartridge I hadn't filled and packed it out enough when I did that back to 000 ppm happy days 

Back