Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

2 pumps 1 outlet

Mx19

Hi all.

Im increasing the size of my system shortly due to a new van with larger capacity and looking at various options. I’ll most probably be going down the diy route (unless anyone has an 800l system for sale) but I do have one question.

The tanks I’ve been looking at (wyedale and similar) all only have one 1” outlet, has anyone ever experienced any issues running 2 operators (on separate pumps and controllers) from the single outlet? All my 2 man systems have had 2 outlets so far so wondering if it affects flow dramatically, say when one operator turns water off etc.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all.

Im increasing the size of my system shortly due to a new van with larger capacity and looking at various options. I’ll most probably be going down the diy route (unless anyone has an 800l system for sale) but I do have one question.

The tanks I’ve been looking at (wyedale and similar) all only have one 1” outlet, has anyone ever experienced any issues running 2 operators (on separate pumps and controllers) from the single outlet? All my 2 man systems have had 2 outlets so far so wondering if it affects flow dramatically, say when one operator turns water off etc.

Thanks!
It will work fine I would put a tee on the outlet from the tank and draw water from both ends with the fitting from the tank going into the centre off the tee . I did this with one of my systems and no problems 

Hi all.

Thanks!
I've ran two hose reels from a single outlet using twin pumps and controllers with no issues 

Also each feed to the pumps had a shut of valve inline

You just use water quicker

You can always drill out another hole and fit a secondary bulkhead male fitting 

I use a 650ltr Wyedale flat tank. I took a single, good quality garden hose from the tank outlet to a convenient, easy access position by the side door work station. I fitted a nylon non-return valve about a foot above floor level. I fitted a nylon tee-piece about 6 inches above the NRV and took a feed to each of the two pumps from there. All of the hose ends were heated with water during assembly to soften and allow a tighter compression and a more air/water tight seal.  Every compression joint with hozeclips is fitted with two clips as I've found from experience it has given me a more reliable seal, longterm.

Since fitting the NRV we can now use water down to less than 2 inches depth without issues.

Latest Posts

Back