Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Shurflow Pump Dead End Error

WCF

Help Support WCF:

joely_bland

Hi all 

Not sure if anyone else has had this issue...

I’m currently using a Shurflo 100psi pump with a Liquid Logic Controller. This really isn’t my strongpoint so was hoping someone could help.
I’m having an issue whereby the water  pressure is stop/starting all the time when I’m on a job. From what I’ve researched, this is to do with calibrating the pump controller and setting a dead end (Displayed as “de”). From what I know, the controller should only recognise or display “de” when the water flow has stopped and isn’t in use (when I’ve activated the univalve) My controller seems to display this whether the flow is on/off, thereby stopping the flow during use. 
Despite even having tried autocalibrating as well as even calibrating up to 99 incase the level was too sensitive, the same issue remains.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is it perhaps in the physical pump itself? Filter or something perhaps?

Any help would be great and hope it actually makes sense ?

Cheers

Hi all 

I’m currently using a Shurflo 100psi pump with a Liquid Logic Controller. This really isn’t my strongpoint so was hoping someone could help.
I’m having an issue whereby the water  pressure is stop/starting all the time when I’m on a job. From what I’ve researched, this is to do with calibrating the pump controller and setting a dead end (Displayed as “de”). From what I know, the controller should only recognise or display “de” when the water flow has stopped and isn’t in use (when I’ve activated the univalve) My controller seems to display this whether the flow is on/off, thereby stopping the flow during use. 
Despite even having tried autocalibrating as well as even calibrating up to 99 incase the level was too sensitive, the same issue remains.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is it perhaps in the physical pump itself? Filter or something perhaps?

Cheers
1. Check you haven't got the hose pinched, take the direct feed off the hose reel so you just have a short length from the pump then try that, if it runs OK then you have a pinch or collapsed hose somewhere on the reel. 

2. You may have an airlock, make sure everything is nice and tight and that you don't have a large high loop etc that air could sit but not be moved. Connect a hose up ro something and blast a lot of water through. 

3. Calibrate the controller correctly. Get your longest pole out, connect it and open it to its full length l, lean it on the house or something similar and follow springs controller calibration to the letter. 

I'm sure it's not your pump but one of these above I'm certain will rectify it

Hi all 

Cheers
HI Joely

Calibration is set so that when the shut of the controller dead ends (stops) the pump and you,re spot on that the higher the cal value the less sensitive the controller becomes so in affect a cal setting of 99 means the controller will take longer to DE the pump.

There are other possibilities here

1. The higher the flow rate the harder the pump works and a very high flow rate can cause the control to cycle in/out of DE.

2 Can you check that the univalve is fully opening and not sticking. Personally I think the univalve is a great bit of kit, it is a though a manual valve that over time will wear. If the valve is not fully opening this will restrict water flow and could cause the unexpected DE mentioned.   

3. A Twisted hose or blockage as again this will restrict flow.

My suggestion is to pull all the hose of the reel and ensure there are no twists or kinks. Next disconnect the pole hose from the reel and run water just through the reel hose. Set the controller to your preferred flow rate then run auto cal ( video link)

If the pump/controller work as expected. Reconnect the pole hose but with the Univlave removed and if the controller/pump work as expected we know the valve is the problem. If the pump starts to cycle we know the issue is in the pole hose somewhere and check for twists. Also check the Valve is not sticking part closed as this will restrict flow and cause the DE cycling 

Hope this helps

Back