Grippavac not sucking

Lee89

Good Evening everyone

I have a 40ltr Grippavac that doesn’t seem to be sucking as well as it used to. 

I have cleaned the poles, run water through the hose and checked the side entry. I even took apart the metal filter and cleaned that but it still seems weak. 

Has anyone come across this before or have any ideas what it could be? 

Thanks

No idear ours sucks like a good one , have you used it without the metal filter and had dirt go into the motors ???? Have you washed the nylon removable filter thing out and let it dry . 

1 hour ago, Lee89 said:

Good Evening everyone

I have a 40ltr Grippavac that doesn’t seem to be sucking as well as it used to. 

I have cleaned the poles, run water through the hose and checked the side entry. I even took apart the metal filter and cleaned that but it still seems weak. 

Has anyone come across this before or have any ideas what it could be? 

Thanks

is the the mating surface and seal between the motor head and bin clean? 

Have you turned it upside down to check for and cracks, damage or holes in the base or sides ?

Is the side entry intake sealed correctly or worn gasket material? 

Possible moisture ingress or worn motor 

Block one end of your hose with a carrier back or bin liner jammed into the end. Fill with water from a tap and block the end you've filled and lie in the garden or driveway and check for water leaks which in theory are actual air leaks 

1 hour ago, Pjj said:

No idear ours sucks like a good one , have you used it without the metal filter and had dirt go into the motors ???? Have you washed the nylon removable filter thing out and let it dry . 

No mate, never used it without the metal filter. 

I haven’t washed the nylon filter. Sounds stupid but what’s the best way to wash this? 

Cheers

16 minutes ago, Apw1210 said:

is the the mating surface and seal between the motor head and bin clean? 

Have you turned it upside down to check for and cracks, damage or holes in the base or sides ?

Is the side entry intake sealed correctly or worn gasket material? 

Possible moisture ingress or worn motor 

Block one end of your hose with a carrier back or bin liner jammed into the end. Fill with water from a tap and block the end you've filled and lie in the garden or driveway and check for water leaks which in theory are actual air leaks 

I’m going to go and check through this now. Thanks for the advice 👍🏻

1 minute ago, Lee89 said:

No mate, never used it without the metal filter. 

I haven’t washed the nylon filter. Sounds stupid but what’s the best way to wash this? 

Cheers

I’m going to go and check through this now. Thanks for the advice 👍🏻

Is this the Numatic WDV900 ?

Have you found any leaks or damage? 

other than the grippa customised side entry and front port cover its all standard replacement parts.

Are you sure both motors are running. Maybe the brushes are worn and its failed or the capacitor is blown 

Here's the exploded schematic 

I've repair customised and improved more vacs than I've had hot dinners 

20200923_192247.jpg

20200923_192229.jpg

sorry is yours a single motor 

33 minutes ago, Apw1210 said:

Have you found any leaks or damage? 

other than the grippa customised side entry and front port cover its all standard replacement parts.

Are you sure both motors are running. Maybe the brushes are worn and its failed or the capacitor is blown 

Here's the exploded schematic 

I've repair customised and improved more vacs than I've had hot dinners 

20200923_192247.jpg

20200923_192229.jpg

sorry is yours a single motor 

I think I’ve found the cause. Just taken the motor housing apart and run the motors. Only one is running so I presume the second one has had it. 

8 minutes ago, Lee89 said:

I think I’ve found the cause. Just taken the motor housing apart and run the motors. Only one is running so I presume the second one has had it. 

No not at all. Most common issue with be the brushes. Providing the motor shaft and commutator isn't damaged it's a simple fix you could do yourself or contact a local domestic appliance repair chap.

I think these are the correct brushes for your model 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Numatic-WVD575-WVD900-WVD902-Brush-Vacuum-Motor-Carbon-Brushes-BL21104-/191674292267

16 minutes ago, Apw1210 said:

No not at all. Most common issue with be the brushes. Providing the motor shaft and commutator isn't damaged it's a simple fix you could do yourself or contact a local domestic appliance repair chap.

I think these are the correct brushes for your model 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Numatic-WVD575-WVD900-WVD902-Brush-Vacuum-Motor-Carbon-Brushes-BL21104-/191674292267

Great. Thanks for your help mate. I’ve ordered a new motor off grippatank as I need the vac back ASAP but will definitely take the motor to an appliance repair shop. 

1 minute ago, Pjj said:

I just wash the filter out with the garden hose and let it dry out .

Cheers mate. I will do that tomorrow. Hopefully it will be a new machine by the weekend 🤣

• 2 weeks later...

I never use the soft filter just chuck metal one in with ball thing mine lost power but it was hose it had a fair few holes in i gaffa taped it for now 

Edited by tench0771
On 23/09/2020 at 21:35, Lee89 said:

Great. Thanks for your help mate. I’ve ordered a new motor off grippatank as I need the vac back ASAP but will definitely take the motor to an appliance repair shop. 

How did you get on?

Just now, Apw1210 said:

How did you get on?

The vac is all good now thanks mate. New motor in and I’m sure it’s sucking better than ever 👌

47 minutes ago, Lee89 said:

The vac is all good now thanks mate. New motor in and I’m sure it’s sucking better than ever 👌

Great news