Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Grippavac not sucking

Lee89

Good Evening everyone

I have a 40ltr Grippavac that doesn’t seem to be sucking as well as it used to. 

I have cleaned the poles, run water through the hose and checked the side entry. I even took apart the metal filter and cleaned that but it still seems weak. 

Has anyone come across this before or have any ideas what it could be? 

Thanks

No idear ours sucks like a good one , have you used it without the metal filter and had dirt go into the motors ???? Have you washed the nylon removable filter thing out and let it dry . 

Good Evening everyone

I have a 40ltr Grippavac that doesn’t seem to be sucking as well as it used to. 

I have cleaned the poles, run water through the hose and checked the side entry. I even took apart the metal filter and cleaned that but it still seems weak. 

Has anyone come across this before or have any ideas what it could be? 

Thanks
is the the mating surface and seal between the motor head and bin clean? 

Have you turned it upside down to check for and cracks, damage or holes in the base or sides ?

Is the side entry intake sealed correctly or worn gasket material? 

Possible moisture ingress or worn motor 

Block one end of your hose with a carrier back or bin liner jammed into the end. Fill with water from a tap and block the end you've filled and lie in the garden or driveway and check for water leaks which in theory are actual air leaks 

No idear ours sucks like a good one , have you used it without the metal filter and had dirt go into the motors ???? Have you washed the nylon removable filter thing out and let it dry . 
 No mate, never used it without the metal filter. 

I haven’t washed the nylon filter. Sounds stupid but what’s the best way to wash this? 

Cheers

is the the mating surface and seal between the motor head and bin clean? 

Have you turned it upside down to check for and cracks, damage or holes in the base or sides ?

Is the side entry intake sealed correctly or worn gasket material? 

Possible moisture ingress or worn motor 

Block one end of your hose with a carrier back or bin liner jammed into the end. Fill with water from a tap and block the end you've filled and lie in the garden or driveway and check for water leaks which in theory are actual air leaks 
I’m going to go and check through this now. Thanks for the advice ??

No mate, never used it without the metal filter. 

I haven’t washed the nylon filter. Sounds stupid but what’s the best way to wash this? 

Cheers

I’m going to go and check through this now. Thanks for the advice ??
Is this the Numatic WDV900 ?

Have you found any leaks or damage? 

other than the grippa customised side entry and front port cover its all standard replacement parts.

Are you sure both motors are running. Maybe the brushes are worn and its failed or the capacitor is blown 

Here's the exploded schematic 

I've repair customised and improved more vacs than I've had hot dinners 

20200923_192247.jpg

20200923_192229.jpg

sorry is yours a single motor 

Have you found any leaks or damage? 

other than the grippa customised side entry and front port cover its all standard replacement parts.

Are you sure both motors are running. Maybe the brushes are worn and its failed or the capacitor is blown 

Here's the exploded schematic 

I've repair customised and improved more vacs than I've had hot dinners 

View attachment 21892

View attachment 21893

sorry is yours a single motor 
I think I’ve found the cause. Just taken the motor housing apart and run the motors. Only one is running so I presume the second one has had it. 

I think I’ve found the cause. Just taken the motor housing apart and run the motors. Only one is running so I presume the second one has had it. 

No not at all. Most common issue with be the brushes. Providing the motor shaft and commutator isn't damaged it's a simple fix you could do yourself or contact a local domestic appliance repair chap.

I think these are the correct brushes for your model 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Numatic-WVD575-WVD900-WVD902-Brush-Vacuum-Motor-Carbon-Brushes-BL21104-/191674292267

No not at all. Most common issue with be the brushes. Providing the motor shaft and commutator isn't damaged it's a simple fix you could do yourself or contact a local domestic appliance repair chap.

I think these are the correct brushes for your model 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Numatic-WVD575-WVD900-WVD902-Brush-Vacuum-Motor-Carbon-Brushes-BL21104-/191674292267
Great. Thanks for your help mate. I’ve ordered a new motor off grippatank as I need the vac back ASAP but will definitely take the motor to an appliance repair shop. 

I never use the soft filter just chuck metal one in with ball thing mine lost power but it was hose it had a fair few holes in i gaffa taped it for now 

Last edited by a moderator:
Great. Thanks for your help mate. I’ve ordered a new motor off grippatank as I need the vac back ASAP but will definitely take the motor to an appliance repair shop. 
how much did you pay for moter as i may replace mine as there 3 years old now and im finding suction not as good as it was from new pip blocks up very easy now even on small jobs ?

Back