Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Have i thought of a new idea?

HWCS

Everytime i ooen my back doors on the van i see my gutter vac, sitting there doing nothing! Its paid for itself 5 fold in the last year but alot of the tine it sits doing nothing looking sorry for itself.

Has anybody hired theres out or looked into hiring it out?

I charge £50 to vacuum out a standard 3 bed house with 8-10 mtrs of guttering front n back and maybe 5mts on a porch.

Im thinking of hiring it out

£30 a day or £50 for a weekend with £50 deposit.

Surely im not the first to thought of this? Am i just being daft?

What insurances will i need? 

Ive got a mate that can pat test the vacuum and an extension lead.

I wouldn’t you are giving someone else   the opportunity to get your potential customers, also  any damage or ware on the vac it’s you that will have to sort it out , sounds like a very bad idear to me , a vac sitting in the garage not being used isn’t being worn out ????

I wouldn’t you are giving someone else   the opportunity to get your potential customers, also  any damage or ware on the vac it’s you that will have to sort it out , sounds like a very bad idear to me , a vac sitting in the garage not being used isn’t being worn out ????
Was only going to offer it to my regular customers to do their own houses with.

I thought about it today when i quoted a customer £80 to do his house and garage, and he sniffed and said hed pay £40 but not £80.

Obv i told him im not doing it for £40.

But got me thinking why didnt i just offer to lend him my vac for £40 and he could do it himself.

Was only going to offer it to my regular customers to do their own houses with.

I thought about it today when i quoted a customer £80 to do his house and garage, and he sniffed and said hed pay £40 but not £80.

Obv i told him im not doing it for £40.

But got me thinking why didnt i just offer to lend him my vac for £40 and he could do it himself.
I have a policy never lend out anything to anyone that you use to earn your living from , I have lent kit to friends in the past tk try and help them out and it’s back fired a few times one friend broke my telescopic presser washing Lance it was a £600 omnivac one cost me a fortune and lot of time to get it fixed , then he had the cheek  to ask to borrow it again I said no way you haven’t paid for the damage you did last time 

Everytime i ooen my back doors on the van i see my gutter vac, sitting there doing nothing! Its paid for itself 5 fold in the last year but alot of the tine it sits doing nothing looking sorry for itself.

Has anybody hired theres out or looked into hiring it out?

I charge £50 to vacuum out a standard 3 bed house with 8-10 mtrs of guttering front n back and maybe 5mts on a porch.

Im thinking of hiring it out

£30 a day or £50 for a weekend with £50 deposit.

Surely im not the first to thought of this? Am i just being daft?

What insurances will i need? 

Ive got a mate that can pat test the vacuum and an extension lead.
 Jewson hire wet vacs and there are companies that hire gutter vacs but they are normally shite with the heaviest poles ever.

You'd have to sort out an insurers cover and also have yearly P.A.T testing on it with any extension leads with the package.

Your deposit would have to be alot higher as damages and theft are common 

A great idea however nothing is ever simple 

I used to personally hire out 10kva generators with stage power distribution and had one stolen, one heavily damaged due to some idiot reversed into one 

what do you do when someone nicks it

we are creating a hire business

for insurance to cover you

every item needs to individually identifiable

just let you insurance know your doing it aswell

what do you do when someone nicks it

we are creating a hire business

for insurance to cover you

every item needs to individually identifiable

just let you insurance know your doing it aswell
also people you know or think you know will soon be a funny ****** when they have broke your £1k set up

we have lent gear out in the past with much regret, (hence the knowledge on setting up a hire side)

we are looking to hire out

gutter vacs

jetwash

big boy poles

generators etc

Back