Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Solar Farm Panel Pricing

tino8358

Hey I've attached a picture of a solar panel farm that's want quoting, and would like some help if anyone has done this before as it is large so would like so help. It has 19,500 panels on it that look like 0.5 metre wide and 1.5metre tall.

What's the best way to price this/ and at what kind of price?

Has anyone done anything on this scale, and what kind of timeframe would we be looking at with 3 guys?

Any help is appreciated, thanks

20200924_184733.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be great if you could price a pound a panel. I would take a closer look to see how dirty they are and even try a test panel. Not sure how you would get the van near them though. ?

We used to do this kind of stuff , but gave it up earn far more cleaning house windows , one man needs to clean 800-1000 per day ti make very small profit , it’s also mind numbingly boring all my guys hated doing them , we had one site that took 10 guys three months to do it was that big . 

We used to do this kind of stuff , but gave it up earn far more cleaning house windows , one man needs to clean 800-1000 per day ti make very small profit , it’s also mind numbingly boring all my guys hated doing them , we had one site that took 10 guys three months to do it was that big . 
I can do nearly anything if the money is good. I would need 50p a panel or its a waste of time.

Would be great if you could price a pound a panel. I would take a closer look to see how dirty they are and even try a test panel. Not sure how you would get the van near them though. ?
It's around 100 metres odd long and can get around the field perimeter so access is decent. 

Okay what size were the panels and what were you charging?

Hey I've attached a picture of a solar panel farm that's want quoting, and would like some help if anyone has done this before as it is large so would like so help. It has 19,500 panels on it that look like 0.5 metre wide and 1.5metre tall.

What's the best way to price this/ and at what kind of price?

Has anyone done anything on this scale, and what kind of timeframe would we be looking at with 3 guys?

Any help is appreciated, thanks

View attachment 21902
A nightmare of a job. You really need to quote for the hire of additional equipment such as a mule or John Deere 4x4 and bowser trailer for jobs this big as the panel spacing on most farms isn't wide enough for your average transit. 

Also you'll be surprised how dirty they get in during the start and finish of the job 

How far from your home  / water production or spotless water site is it? 

How much water can you produce or source within a working day? 

Working alongside PV on ground frame can be hot work due to solar reflection 

A full site on foot survey is required prior to quotations as accessibly scale and ground condition is key. 

Is the site well drained?

Best to divide the site into zones.

do a few test cleans and think about legalities, cover and wavers 

I helped on a job last year and they were charging 80p per panel 

I know its American but watch Scott tackle this job. Ignore the fact he didn't know about pumps and pure water 

15 minutes ago, Apw1210 said:

A nightmare of a job. You really need to quote for the hire of additional equipment such as a mule or John Deere 4x4 and bowser trailer for jobs this big as the panel spacing on most farms isn't wide enough for your average transit. 

Also you'll be surprised how dirty they get in during the start and finish of the job 

How far from your home  / water production or spotless water site is it? 

How much water can you produce or source within a working day? 

Working alongside PV on ground frame can be hot work due to solar reflection 

A full site on foot survey is required prior to quotations as accessibly scale and ground condition is key. 

Is the site well drained?

Best to divide the site into zones.

do a few test cleans and think about legalities, cover and wavers 

I helped on a job last year and they were charging 80p per panel 

I know its American but watch Scott tackle this job. Ignore the fact he didn't know about pumps and pure water 

All very valid points except the waver , it’s the site owners that stipulate the terms and conditions and you have to sign and abide by them , water supplies are or can be a problem we were using 10,000 ltr per day minimum , and up to 350 meters of hose per man . It’s never worth all the hassle for the price they want to pay . Glad I didn’t renew the contracts , although every year they still offer it to us . 

All very valid points except the waver , it’s the site owners that stipulate the terms and conditions and you have to sign and abide by them , water supplies are or can be a problem we were using 10,000 ltr per day minimum , and up to 350 meters of hose per man . It’s never worth all the hassle for the price they want to pay . Glad I didn’t renew the contracts , although every year they still offer it to us . 
Thanks for all that info, its give me more to think about before jumping in. I may have a couple guys on it while I keep working so less stress for me. 

We have guy with a 10,000 litre tank storage 2 mile away so not too bad I'm hoping 

I think they were getting 20p a panel if I remember.
Oh okay hanks, I've been reading a couple other threads on this and nit too many people seem keen on it 

do you have any idea how long this job will take you

at best you will do around 800 panels a day per man that is if you can manage water, and supply

we've cleaned 1000's of panels thinking this would be the next thing but in reality the market isnt ready for what the price should be yet..

if you need the work take it on for good money, but cleaning panels at bulk is a darn sight harder than the odd house window

Latest Posts

Back