Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I GIVE UP, seriously this year can just **** off

Teaboy

anybody else just fed up with this ****

so far this year totally ignoring covid ive had 3 vans break, had to buy a 2 new ones, 1 of which the wheel came off on the a38 today

ive got staff that dont seem that fussed that im doing the best i can to keep them in a job,

poles and a system that seem to be taking a hammering day in day out and all the bits and bobs that generally seem to go wrong....

I just really feel this is a losing battle and genuinely cant be arsed anymore!!

there isnt even any good times anymore just less sh!t !!!

bills coming out my ear and then bolllocks just absolute ******* bollocksk

sorry ive had a really bad day and needed to anonymously vent somewhere haha

People who don’t employ haven’t got a clue what it’s like running multiple vans this is exactly why I don’t  want to expand any further ,I feel your pain hopefully tomorrow is another day and better .

People who don’t employ haven’t got a clue what it’s like running multiple vans this is exactly why I don’t  want to expand any further ,I feel your pain hopefully tomorrow is another day and better .
theres been too many days recently its not worth it

people only see turnover and thing he must be ******* rolling in it, honesty its not worth the hassle and i probably earn less than 80% of the people on here

just beyond fed up with this now, this game aint worth it

also as this is anonymous ill be honest...........

my mental health has massively suffered for years as ive tried to grow, ive tried to do everything proper and be correct with everyone i need to be, its genuinely not worth the sacrifice, if anybody wants to talk numbers or over any of this then im happy to on private message ill talk over anything turnover profit etc etc

Ive gone too far to turn back to a 1 man now as it would be too difficult to downsize unless I went pop

my mental health has massively suffered for years as ive tried to grow, ive tried to do everything proper and be correct with everyone i need to be, its genuinely not worth the sacrifice, if anybody wants to talk numbers or over any of this then im happy to on private message ill talk over anything turnover profit etc etc

Ive gone too far to turn back to a 1 man now as it would be too difficult to downsize unless I went pop
Ime looking at down sizing  back to just one van the guys that work for me want to buy the vans they use and the rounds they clean , I think it’s a win win for all  concerned 

Ime looking at down sizing  back to just one van the guys that work for me want to buy the vans they use and the rounds they clean , I think it’s a win win for all  concerned 
as long as you get the money you need from the work then snap there hands off

Sell some work. 
Sack the employees. 
Keep the cream & work part time. 
Live a simple life ?
haha

if only

Im where I am because i sell trust and integrity might sound like a bit of **** but morally I cant just **** people offer as much as I would like to sometimes

so far this year totally ignoring covid ive had 3 vans break, had to buy a 2 new ones, 1 of which the wheel came off on the a38 today

ive got staff that dont seem that fussed that im doing the best i can to keep them in a job,

poles and a system that seem to be taking a hammering day in day out and all the bits and bobs that generally seem to go wrong....

I just really feel this is a losing battle and genuinely cant be arsed anymore!!

Hang in there mate.

Employees don't appreciate the plate their food is on  

Van security at the moment is rife and and 80% of uk tradesmen have been targeted this year

Are the employees at fault is there kit that has been stolen or just trashed vans

Sit down and evaluate the situation and do whats best your you. Number one

Reference mental health i have it all but will talk to you listen and try my upmost to help you if I can. I'm royally fooked but push on and life my life while fighting my mind and winning 

I'm Austin. Here if you want to chat mate 

Hang in there mate.

Employees don't appreciate the plate their food is on  

Van security at the moment is rife and and 80% of uk tradesmen have been targeted this year

Are the employees at fault is there kit that has been stolen or just trashed vans

Sit down and evaluate the situation and do whats best your you. Number one

Reference mental health i have it all but will talk to you listen and try my upmost to help you if I can. I'm royally fooked but push on and life my life while fighting my mind and winning 

I'm Austin. Here if you want to chat mate 
Thanks,

like many on here we are stuck because the amount we earn  (and live to) cannot be replicated in a normal job!!
Ive been offered several jobs by mates/clients with successful businesses but really it doesnt come close

I feel bad for whinging as to be honest I do very well from this game its just it takes its pound of flesh every week thats for sure...........

Im just massively fed up and feel stuck in what i do, which is odd for saying I run and own my own business which is a market leader in its area

You don’t have to do it overnight or lose any of your integrity by paring back your workload.

perhaps 1/2 of your brightest employees might like to buy a franchise? 
work on reducing your outgoings and living a more modest lifestyle. 
3/4hrs 3/4 days a week on best quality work will do for me. Work to live, not live to work.

I know this isn't much help but your mental health is worth more than money. 

It's fine to rant on here, sometimes there is not enough posted about the hardship being your own boss is let alone how difficult employing people is. 

It may sound silly but is it worth going out for a day on the glass just to make a change and see how your lads are doing?

I am sure things will come good again as you are sorting all thee issues, so you are due somee good luck.

Stick with it mate just try and do something that makes you happy to give yourself a boost.

I know this isn't much help but your mental health is worth more than money. 

It's fine to rant on here, sometimes there is not enough posted about the hardship being your own boss is let alone how difficult employing people is. 

It may sound silly but is it worth going out for a day on the glass just to make a change and see how your lads are doing?

I am sure things will come good again as you are sorting all thee issues, so you are due somee good luck.

Stick with it mate just try and do something that makes you happy to give yourself a boost.
I go out regularly because of how busy we are, and I love it the problem with staff is they will tell you one thing to your face and another to you back

sorry just needed to vent and fed up with this shite all the time the last 10 months have been utter ****

You don’t have to do it overnight or lose any of your integrity by paring back your workload.

perhaps 1/2 of your brightest employees might like to buy a franchise? 
work on reducing your outgoings and living a more modest lifestyle. 
3/4hrs 3/4 days a week on best quality work will do for me. Work to live, not live to work.
I would love to live a less modest lifestyle and genuine would love to live in a field in a tent (not taking the ****)

BUT

3 little nippers and a missus override my mental state and ultimately are the top trump to any sacrifice I make!

as for franchise, sorry I know somepeople do them but they are ********

I would love to live a less modest lifestyle and genuine would love to live in a field in a tent (not taking the ****)

BUT

3 little nippers and a missus override my mental state and ultimately are the top trump to any sacrifice I make!

as for franchise, sorry I know somepeople do them but they are ********
I’m sure they’d all rather live a more modest and get more time with you than the damage to your mental health.

I feel your pain. We were sat on our arses for six weeks of lockdown, there was no ambiguity here, we were not allowed to work. Then we too have suffered vehicle issues all summer, there have been some positive moments but it hasn't been a good year.

I’m sure they’d all rather live a more modest and get more time with you than the damage to your mental health.
they would, but then on the flip side I personally would know I could of gave more and got them a better headstart

live isnt always black and white chap, I dont mean to sit here and make out that im about to top myself as despite often thinking it I deep down know I never would.

Life is what you make it and if Im not constantly moving forward or have a feeling that im bettering myself then I beat myself up, which makes time of battling or fighting to just stay still like I am and have been for the last 10 months so much harder

I feel your pain. We were sat on our arses for six weeks of lockdown, there was no ambiguity here, we were not allowed to work. Then we too have suffered vehicle issues all summer, there have been some positive moments but it hasn't been a good year.
just all come home to roost all at once aint it

Sorry to hear it's been a tough year so far!

I feel your pain with regards to employing people, If you get the wrong ones they will do you in. It's why you must always look after the good ones.

Sounds like you need a week off too look at it from a distance,

spend some quality time with your family and friends.

Hope you make some changes that help.

25 years ago I, personally, ran a business that had  weekly overheads of £16k. 20+ employees, finance payments etc etc. Turnover was multiple millions. Rang work every day on holiday. Even use to ring twice a day on a pay phone beside the beach I was  on, shovelling Spanish Pesetas like no tomorrow in the slot, way before mobiles and emails.

Every purchase and sale was done by me, did a P&L and stock take every week. All this is easy when money is being made, not so nice when it's not.

My only advice would be there is a better way for you to manage. I don't know all your circumstances so won't even try to tell you how. However you were brave enough to start down this path, I hope, for your sake, you are brave enough to step off it.

I make a decent living today, I earned more 25 years ago. I am however a lot more content and have a far better quality of life.

25 years ago I, personally, ran a business that had  weekly overheads of £16k. 20+ employees, finance payments etc etc. Turnover was multiple millions. Rang work every day on holiday. Even use to ring twice a day on a pay phone beside the beach I was  on, shovelling Spanish Pesetas like no tomorrow in the slot, way before mobiles and emails.

Every purchase and sale was done by me, did a P&L and stock take every week. All this is easy when money is being made, not so nice when it's not.

My only advice would be there is a better way for you to manage. I don't know all your circumstances so won't even try to tell you how. However you were brave enough to start down this path, I hope, for your sake, you are brave enough to step off it.

I make a decent living today, I earned more 25 years ago. I am however a lot more content and have a far better quality of life.
thank you and the other for the care to type

Ill be fine was just a bullshit day I needed to vent dust myself off ready for tomorrow

Sell some work. 
Sack the employees. 
Keep the cream & work part time. 
Live a simple life ?
This is basically what I did 10 years ago. Now I only work 3 days a week usually ( sometimes I drag it out over 4 days but it could be done in 3) just me with some nice jobs. To much hassle for me employing people. I’m not that type of bloke. Very content now. No stress. 

Back