New to the game.

Cris78

Hi guys,

I’m Cris from Stafford. In the process of setting up myself part time. It’s something I’ve been toying with for far too long but now seems a good time due to certain issues so I’m going to give it a blast. I’ve helped a mate who has shown me the ropes and I have some more kit arriving this week. 

I wanted to ask, is it the done thing to contact other window cleaners in the area to say hi? I don’t want to come across as a **** or anything, just thought maybe breaking the ice might be an idea?

16 minutes ago, Cris78 said:

Hi guys,

I’m Cris from Stafford. In the process of setting up myself part time. It’s something I’ve been toying with for far too long but now seems a good time due to certain issues so I’m going to give it a blast. I’ve helped a mate who has shown me the ropes and I have some more kit arriving this week. 

I wanted to ask, is it the done thing to contact other window cleaners in the area to say hi? I don’t want to come across as a **** or anything, just thought maybe breaking the ice might be an idea?

If by contacting them you mean phoning, e mail etc, then no, you’ll look a creep.

If however you see them on the street whilst working, then yes having a chat is good. I’m friendly with a couple of windies in my area. I regularly sell work to one of them.

YES!! Got in a comment before @Part Timerand @Pjj 💪👨‍🦰

You don’t want to be going into this with a mentality of ‘this is their patch’ and feel that you’re encroaching on “their” potential customers. 
I just go about my own ‘business’ with my head buried in what I do. 

there’s always more windows than window cleaners!

Thanks guys good advise. No I don’t want to look a creep or a weirdo, just thought introducing myself might be the way to go but as you say on the job sounds a better approach. 

Lee, you’re right there. I guess that is how I was feeling. Thanks mate

• Thanks 1

TBH why do some window cleaners want to stop for a chat every time I see them?does my head in......most of the time I just want to crack on with my work and get home...👍😄