Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Rugged mobile phones?

ched999uk

Looking at trying to stop destroying phones by getting a budget rugged one.

On the budget side of rugged phones they all seem to be unusual makes like OUKITEL, Ulefone, Doogee, or Blackview. They all seem to have nice big batteries and IP ratings, some even have mil specs! 

I am not expecting lightning fast response to the phone just one that is usable for calls, text, maps, browser and an app like squeegy or cleaner planner etc.

Has anyone had any experience of these types of phone?

Cheers

On the budget side of rugged phones they all seem to be unusual makes like OUKITEL, Ulefone, Doogee, or Blackview. They all seem to have nice big batteries and IP ratings, some even have mil specs! 

I am not expecting lightning fast response to the phone just one that is usable for calls, text, maps, browser and an app like squeegy or cleaner planner etc.

Cheers
I have a Samsung galaxy S8+....had it  a few years now....nice and solid and great for cleaner planner..cost me £700...I've dropped it loads of times...never broke the screen yet(Samsung use gorilla glass)...I do have it in a case though that covers the back of the phone....great smartphones IMO....

Last edited by a moderator:

Cheers
Blackview aren't bad at all. Had one for two years before going back to Samsung.

I don't know how people break phones..

I have a Samsung Galaxy S9 in pristine as new condition 

Aftermarket high quality tempered glass screen protector with a fold open leather case. Maybe I am the only one that looks after my phone.

Keep it in the van or use a correct screen protector and case 

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest I have never broken a screen or a phone at all, touch wood. Just had 2 friends - plumber and electrician drop phones within the last week and 1 broke screen other broke charger port somehow. It got me thinking.....

Just thinking that it might be handy to have dedicated business phone and thought a rugged one might be a good idea. 

Cheers for comments, all helpful.

To be honest I have never broken a screen or a phone at all, touch wood. Just had 2 friends - plumber and electrician drop phones within the last week and 1 broke screen other broke charger port somehow. It got me thinking.....

Just thinking that it might be handy to have dedicated business phone and thought a rugged one might be a good idea. 

Cheers for comments, all helpful.
Get an Ebay Nokia 3410. That will serve you well. Joking aside I used a cheap basic Samsung as a work phone but the diary and planner weren't as good as my S9 now

JCB also make an Android so called bomb proof phone 

Just get a tough rugged armour case for your phone -

Otterbox

Lifeproof

Griffin Survivor

My current one for a Samsung S9 Plus - Ultimate Addons

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ultimateaddons-Tough-Waterproof-IPX5-Mount-Case-for-Samsung-Galaxy-S9/362888349961?hash=item547dd4c909:g:CZQAAOSwcABb25Me

Its alright I have had in since March and its pretty battered from me dropping it. The best feature is it locks onto my old sat nav dash stem so I just use google maps for sat nav.
Cheers, just looked at the makes yu suggested and unfortunately they don't do one for my phone - Honor Play. Seems that the type of people that bought the Honor Play aren't into protecting their phones ? 

I will see if I an find an armoured case, sounds a good plan, cheers.

Amoured cases in my opinion are rubbish. You really to spend around £25 on high end glass screen protectors. Armoured cases still rely on a flimsy piece of pvc to cover the screen. Get a man bag and it won't be in your pockets. Or even better, leave it in the van

I have just got the doogee s88 and so far so good. I have dropped smashed or broken every phone i have ever owned within a few months so fingers crossed this one will last. Battery is great but she's a heavy beast of a phone. 

I have a Galaxy phone. I use a Snakehive real leather phone case/wallet. Closes like a book. Even though I'm careful I have dropped it a couple of times but luckily the leather has cushioned the blow. I've been using the same type of case for my phones for years but the Snakehive brand is by far the best I've seen and used. Will carry several cards and a few notes.

Amoured cases in my opinion are rubbish. You really to spend around £25 on high end glass screen protectors. Armoured cases still rely on a flimsy piece of pvc to cover the screen. Get a man bag and it won't be in your pockets. Or even better, leave it in the van
I have never had a cracked screen or water damaged phone so they cant be that rubbish.. And I don't have to look like a nonce walking around with a man bag.

Back