Jump to content

Starting out would like to go the WFP


Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, JEM said:

So i just need to work on my technique then, the weather hasn't been great here the last couple of days so not been able to practice anymore

The windows i did manage to clean did dry clean so i'm pleased about that. I think i maybe should have also bought a sill cleaner brush as all of the windows around my estate have the pvc sills that need a good scrub when they are dirty, as ours hadn't been done for a while because our trad window cleaner never turned up!

What brush is your go to brush for everyday use?

cheers

 

If you are short on funds or feel inventive and need a sill brush just get a standard cheap broom head from Tesco, Homebase or B&M most from knowledge have Euro22 threads, get some scissors and trim down the bristles or even create a beval on them.

Anything is possible. I made a brush when I started out as a sacrificial brush to use on supermarket shop fronts to remove birds mess and cobwebs for first cleans 

Link to post
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • JEM

    25

  • ched999uk

    11

  • Apw1210

    10

  • Davy G

    5

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just something that might help determining how long a pole you need. Get a laser measure for about £21 from amazon here That way you can casually wander round your area and laser measure the distance

It's all just glass. Hydrophobic or hydrophilic ~ both, still just glass. No need for half the worrying that some people do. Phobic forms beads and rivulets, phylic forms nice sheets and is more pleas

I have a SLX27 and 2 extensions - they are scratched to hell after doing some skylights because as mentioned, they flex terribly on the gutters and tiles.  I now tell people that I will not do skyligh

Posted Images

Would this be a good choice to be able to do the windows and the pvc sills or do you have to use this for sills only then change the brush for the windows i can't imagine that would be the case?

UNIVERSAL SILL 26CM BRUSH - MEDIUM SOFT

 

brush_universal_26cm_medium_soft_jet_capsule_holes_1.jpg

Edited by JEM
Link to post
58 minutes ago, JEM said:

Would this be a good choice to be able to do the windows and the pvc sills or do you have to use this for sills only then change the brush for the windows i can't imagine that would be the case?

UNIVERSAL SILL 26CM BRUSH - MEDIUM SOFT

 

brush_universal_26cm_medium_soft_jet_capsule_holes_1.jpg

That is an excellent all round brush.

Link to post
3 hours ago, JEM said:

So i just need to work on my technique then, the weather hasn't been great here the last couple of days so not been able to practice anymore

The windows i did manage to clean did dry clean so i'm pleased about that. I think i maybe should have also bought a sill cleaner brush as all of the windows around my estate have the pvc sills that need a good scrub when they are dirty, as ours hadn't been done for a while because our trad window cleaner never turned up!

What brush is your go to brush for everyday use?

cheers

 

For me I now use the Extreme Sill Brush for maintenance washes. However for starting and for a reliable brush that will happily tackle any job you come across over the long term, I would highly recommend the Superlight Medium Mixed Sill Brush. Sadly, I understand that the MMSB is being discontinued. Hopefully Alex G will reconsider and continue to supply this fine brush as quite a few of us rate it very highly. Son and I only use these two types of brush. Both with fan jets. 50 degree on our older brushes for gfs and rough first cleans as that's what we already had in them. We use the customer's water for the pvc wash so we don't need to be frugal with it. We use heated water for the pure water wash. My son uses a MMSB for all his work. His maintenance brush is paired with 100's, as is my Extreme.

No need for a large selection of brushes in my experience. The two I've recommended will do every job I've ever come across.

Some folk carry such a selection of brushes, as I've said recently "It's a golf cart and a caddy they'll be needing." Tis only glass, plastic, metal or wood washed down with water. My equipment works sweet for me.

Edited by Davy G
Link to post
2 hours ago, Davy G said:

For me I now use the Extreme Sill Brush for maintenance washes. However for starting and for a reliable brush that will happily tackle any job you come across over the long term, I would highly recommend the Superlight Medium Mixed Sill Brush. Sadly, I understand that the MMSB is being discontinued. Hopefully Alex G will reconsider and continue to supply this fine brush as quite a few of us rate it very highly. Son and I only use these two types of brush. Both with fan jets. 50 degree on our older brushes for gfs and rough first cleans as that's what we already had in them. We use the customer's water for the pvc wash so we don't need to be frugal with it. We use heated water for the pure water wash. My son uses a MMSB for all his work. His maintenance brush is paired with 100's, as is my Extreme.

No need for a large selection of brushes in my experience. The two I've recommended will do every job I've ever come across.

Some folk carry such a selection of brushes, as I've said recently "It's a golf cart and a caddy they'll be needing." Tis only glass, plastic, metal or wood washed down with water. My equipment works sweet for me.

Davy that's good to hear that i don't need loads of different brushes i was worried i'd end up with 10 different ones!

i'll order the UNIVERSAL SILL 26CM BRUSH - MEDIUM SOFT with some different jets so i can see what works best for me 

I've found that practising on my house the sills ain't as good as i'd like which i think is me and having just the standard window brush

Edited to add i can still buy the MMSB so would you recommend going with that over the universal soft medium sill brush

Edited by JEM
Link to post

In more than 12 years of been wfp I have never seen the need for or needed a sill brush, it's all about technique, Have I had the odd complaint in the past yes but in the early days before sill brushes were even a thing

Link to post
40 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:

In more than 12 years of been wfp I have never seen the need for or needed a sill brush, it's all about technique, Have I had the odd complaint in the past yes but in the early days before sill brushes were even a thing

That's fair enough, I only have the 1 brush that came with my pole system, having a spare would be a good idea anyway i guess, so might as well try a different brush

I did try adjusting the angle of the brush so it also cleaned the sills, maybe also standing further away would help

I've ordered the MMSB with fan jets 50 

Edited by JEM
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.