Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wet hands and arms

Daftoldgit

The last few weeks I'm getting water running down the pole and going down my hands  and arms, not a big problem now but maybe not so good in cold weather!

Anyone know what causes this?

I'm using the same poles/brushes as previously and not had the problem before...

Thanks for the replies, its not a univalve cos I don't use one, I'll check out the other suggestions one by one and see what happens.

I had wet armpits yesterday and not from sweat!

The last few weeks I'm getting water running down the pole and going down my hands  and arms, not a big problem now but maybe not so good in cold weather!

I'm using the same poles/brushes as previously and not had the problem before...
Your angle of attack is wrong? 

As mentioned poor connections 

Could be as others have said, that you're standing too close under the brush and the water is running down the pole. Especially if the brush is very straight. I sometimes get that when I'm stood working on gfs in a side alley. Try keeping your lower hand just below elbow level. Your hand will probably still get wet but the water will not run up your arm. Short sleeves help as well, as water can drain off your elbows without soaking your sleeves or getting further up the arms. .

Thanks for the replies, its not a univalve cos I don't use one, I'll check out the other suggestions one by one and see what happens.

I had wet armpits yesterday and not from sweat!
are you doing handstands with your pole balanced on your foot? 

If you have a gardener pole you could try and rotate the top section so the resinek clamp lever is underneath rather than on top. It does stop waste running down the outside of the pole.

The angle of the brush head or leaks on the pole hose are usually the problem as others have said.

hi apw1210 I'm beginning to think it's something to do with the brush swivelling?

the problem happens worst when I'm doing windows at a sideways angle above a porch, with the pole at about 45 degrees sideways and brush swivelled round.

Can't see any obvious leaks but the connectors on the pole hose T connection seem to be moving about a bit..

I will try a spare connector, also turning the clamp round as suggested by spruce.

hi apw1210 I'm beginning to think it's something to do with the brush swivelling?

the problem happens worst when I'm doing windows at a sideways angle above a porch, with the pole at about 45 degrees sideways and brush swivelled round.

Can't see any obvious leaks but the connectors on the pole hose T connection seem to be moving about a bit..

I will try a spare connector, also turning the clamp round as suggested by spruce.
Just a thought. Even with having a swivel do you have your brush and angle adapter to swivel and brushed at an angle around 40 to 60 degrees? 

Met a chap only to days ago who was new into the industry and he didn't even have an angle adapter 

Is your pole to brush head like this or very near in the image below ⬇️

Stiff-Dupont-Sill-Brush.jpg

Mine is probably slightly more angled but I might stand further back. The way to judge correct angle is push brush against glass, if the bristles spread evenly then you have it right. If the upper or lower bristles flatten then you need to adjust either the angle or your distance.

I will try that once I figure out how to stop the controller cutting off.

I got a Spring one, not very user friendly compared to the old Varistream which sadly died

I will try that once I figure out how to stop the controller cutting off.

I got a Spring one, not very user friendly compared to the old Varistream which sadly died
you can't fault spring Europe Ltd pump controllers. The best in the world

What kind of jets are you using? Have you checked for any pin ***** holes in your pole hose at the top from wear around the brush angle adapter or pole exit. 

What flow setting are you using? Not 99% I hope 

A very strange one. Never known anyone to have a free shower while at work 

Back