Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Can winter still be a busy time

jay9044

Hi All,

I wanted to get some insight in how best to manage cleaning services during winter.

Is there still work around ? If so what service gets the most work around these times ?

I would of thought there’s a big decrease in the amount window cleaning jobs but I could be wrong 

Customers that you pick up in the winter are generally very good as they expect you to work in adverse weather , when quoting jobs explaine that you work in all weather within reason , you will not get so many enquires but those that you do get should be good , that’s my experience.

Hi All,

I wanted to get some insight in how best to manage cleaning services during winter.

Is there still work around ? If so what service gets the most work around these times ?

I would of thought there’s a big decrease in the amount window cleaning jobs but I could be wrong 
window cleaning, domestic and commercial hands on cleaning for me and nearly every doesn't end.

It may be winter but the work never ends and carries on as normal.

Most definitely not a 6 month part time job.

We work for cleaners across the country, and can categorically say, it is still busy with people getting in touch for quotes, and we are still getting a lot of people accepting quotes even with the poor weather.

The poor weather can have an impact if you're generating leads, so if you're paying for ads, be mindful of this.

Winter is a great time to build a solid customer base who will be with you (generally) longer than someone who's looking in spring/summer (the seasonal customers)

Yeah all mine are regular through the year. I might get one or two skip one clean if it’s been a stormy wet month etc, but overall fine. I’ve long binned off the ones that don’t want you between November-March.

Add ons die down a lot largely for me. Quite a few gutter clearances around  November/December with leaf fall. But not much gutter & fascia or con roof cleans no. 
but because days are slightly shorter (dark by 4:15 in December) and weather can be worse in the winter I still end up being almost as busy as summer. 

I have never lost a customer due to winter months ( come back in the Spring sort). But if one did ask for me to stop till then I would just bin them.

I have never lost a customer due to winter months ( come back in the Spring sort). But if one did ask for me to stop till then I would just bin them.
Hard to know that for sure mike. Sometimes they say something else..but sure enough a decent percentage of one's that cancel nov/march will do so due to winter cut backs/not seeing the importance of clean windows at this point etc 

Customers that you pick up in the winter are generally very good as they expect you to work in adverse weather , when quoting jobs explaine that you work in all weather within reason , you will not get so many enquires but those that you do get should be good , that’s my experience.
This ☝️

With the exception of this year, busiest winter this far.

More enquiries and jobs completed.

When I was strictly storefront /commercial work I called winter "my hunting season", now it is that way with domestic work too.

Back