Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Keeping track of customers etc

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Cris78

What is everyone’s preferred method of managing their diary, keeping track of customers etc?

I use an app/crm for another business I’m involved in.  Does anyone use one for windows and what do you use?

those who prefer records/weekly job sheets would you mind sharing a blank copy please?

thanks   

What is everyone’s preferred method of managing their diary, keeping track of customers etc?

I use an app/crm for another business I’m involved in.  Does anyone use one for windows and what do you use?

those who prefer records/weekly job sheets would you mind sharing a blank copy please?

thanks   
I simply use my Samsung tablet with the organiser / Diary linked via my laptop and I get a ring tone on a certain day or time to highlight a customer/ job

Also have a standard page for day A4 diary as back-up which stays in the van.

Haven't tried any apps but do have a friend attempting to build and android based window cleaning app which even dyslexic me can make sense off 

Last edited by a moderator:

thanks   
Cris, i see you have joined the forum aswell!  I'm a bit late to the party!

I use CleanerPlanner, look into it mate it's really good wouldn't use anything else now.  Can send you a link if need be.

ive heard a few on here using the app known as squeegee? Ive subscribed to this post as I am also looking for recommedations for a client booking and invoicing system.

Using Cleaner planner for the past month, cant beleve we never did it before. It takes all the hassle out of keeping track on your customers and and jobs that need doing that day, fitted the van out with my iPad so all i have to do id update after the day and its on the main computer to wait for payment checks once a week.

Using Cleaner planner for the past month, cant beleve we never did it before. It takes all the hassle out of keeping track on your customers and and jobs that need doing that day, fitted the van out with my iPad so all i have to do id update after the day and its on the main computer to wait for payment checks once a week.
Is it something I really need to do I'm still stuck on sheets ..

How did you cope with the change was you nervous.

Does the ipad send messages back automatically is it connected to the internet

Still on sheets but now excell ones with profit and loss calculations too. I can't see past sheets, I like to keep track of how far I am on the work sheet during each day..and sometimes they help me find where I am going next at a glance in front of me. 

I use Squeegee, and it's great, but a little complicated. Saying that, I haven't tried other apps so it may not be more complicated than the average. 

Also it's complication comes mainly from its vast array of features, the layout and interface are great. It just does a lot of stuff. £15 per month for lowest version. Their support I've found is very good and they have live tutorials showing you how to use it. 

In its early days it was plagued with bugs as features were getting churned out so rapidly, but the development has become more steady, careful and professional and I don't have any worries on that front now. 

It's great especially if you have a lot of electronic payments, gocardless etc, if you text customers reminders, professional invoices.

Basically an app is great for a window cleaner offering a high end service. 

If you don't need the features it offers, I used to use a small book (moleskin- squared paper). Along the top I'd have the date and down the side I'd have the customers, and in each small square I'd have a / for done and a \ for paid so when a customer has paid it would show X. Also a O for skipped. 

Worked well but its a headache totting everything up for your tax return! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back