Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

When to change the DI vessel. Ppm ?

Azz1

Afternoon everyone. I am wondering what is everyone's take on when to change the DI vessel. 5ppm ? Less / a little more ? So far mine is coming out 4ppm and the glass still looks very clean ? Thanks everyone

I've always changed when I see the nasty number 1 flashing 

Might start waiting till I hit 005 now as winter is here and resin is like rocking horse poop 

My resin hits 2 very quick, then hangs at 4ppm for ages, then once it hits 5 it goes 6,7,8 very fast. I also don't fill the vessel to high these days, which makes shaking it a lot easier.

My resin hits 2 very quick, then hangs at 4ppm for ages, then once it hits 5 it goes 6,7,8 very fast. I also don't fill the vessel to high these days, which makes shaking it a lot easier.
Mine went to 1 quickly, however, it’s stayed at 2 for ages after giving it a good shake. I disagree you should change it as soon as it gets to 1. I let mine go to 4 and have been doing this for years without complaints ??‍?

Just changed mine today...it was reading 005.....a 25kg bag of resin has lasted me a full 5 months(I'm DI only)...
Just curious as to how long it takes you to fill your 500ltr tank through a Di vessel and do have your tap on full when doing so, not sure whether to fill straight into my van tank or static tank then use my sub pump , the reason I ask is that for the next few months maybe I will have to go DI only, I figured it would be faster to fill my static tank and also it  would enable me to have water in reserve, 

transferring water into my van tank from my static took less than 10 minutes so my thoughts are fill static then transfer, then I can have my van locked up asap on a night then I can fill my static tank in my garage with the garage secure and just set myself an alarm for however long it will take to fill. 

Just curious as to how long it takes you to fill your 500ltr tank through a Di vessel and do have your tap on full when doing so, not sure whether to fill straight into my van tank or static tank then use my sub pump , the reason I ask is that for the next few months maybe I will have to go DI only, I figured it would be faster to fill my static tank and also it  would enable me to have water in reserve, 

transferring water into my van tank from my static took less than 10 minutes so my thoughts are fill static then transfer, then I can have my van locked up asap on a night then I can fill my static tank in my garage with the garage secure and just set myself an alarm for however long it will take to fill. 

I believe it is better, more cost efficient, to run the tap water through the DI fairly slowly. If this is true then filling your static would be best.

Last edited by a moderator:

it takes me around 30 mins to purify my water for my next days work...i do it as soon as i get home in the afternoon then put my batteries on charge......i dont want DI vessels in my van....i dont have my tap on full as my water pressure is really good so i have it on about half way......

Takes me between 30 & 40 minutes to full 500l at around 40psi pressure. Your probably best filling static tank at a lower pressure and using a cut off valve. Then quick fill the van when your transfer pump. That way also you’ll almost always have a full tank ready.

Exit: my tank only has between 50-100l in at the moment so when I next full it I’ll time it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
@Part Timer @dazmond & @Master Jedi Alejandro thank you very much for taking the time to reply, had a mate just out and he sussed things out for me, Catastrophe Averted!!! 

He is going to tee off the water supply in the kitchen run a supply under the kitchen floor and out the side of the house were the house is stepped back a bit so less visible also run an outdoor socket outside to the same spot as well then it's a short 1-2 meter gap to the side of the garage cut a hole big enough through the concrete garage wall to run 1/2" hose to my R/O  all the work he is coming to do tomorrow morning.

I have got my static tank and R/O set up next to a side entrance door which means ease of access for transferring water to van also there is a drain at the side of the house for waste water so just need some extra JG hose and some of those cable floor protector's 

Latest Posts

Back