Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Moerman Fliq x2 - BOAB Mods anyone?

So I have two Moerman squeegees with Fliqs but they don't both fit very well in  my BOAB and i wondered if anyone knew any modifications? 

I know Moerman do the dry walker but its a bit pricey and I am not sure if it holds to squeegees with Fliqs? 
Make your own from a cheap tesco basics tuperware click lock juice milk jug. 

Remove and sand or grind down where the handle is with a dremel 

Create a belt loop and with a drill mark out 2 horizontal holes and drill out

With your belt loop and pop rivets along with two penny washers rivet the belt loop in place

If needed cut out a squeegee handle slot

You may laugh but thinking outside of the box and innovation goes a long way 

I've made a few and work well .

20201003_150909.jpg

Make your own from a cheap tesco basics tuperware click lock juice milk jug. 

Remove and sand or grind down where the handle is with a dremel 

Create a belt loop and with a drill mark out 2 horizontal holes and drill out

With your belt loop and pop rivets along with two penny washers rivet the belt loop in place

If needed cut out a squeegee handle slot

You may laugh but thinking outside of the box and innovation goes a long way 

I've made a few and work well .

View attachment 21946
Hats off to you @Apw1210this is amazing! What a great idea! 

Heres a great way to carry moerman excelerator w/fliq pad. It is a plastic dry pasta container mod. It will hold up to 14in with no issue (I carry 10in excelerator w/fliq pad daily.)

A little cutting and sanding corner down it will last you for a really long time.

Hope it helps someone, if anyone has questions just let me know

20201006_153828.jpg

20201006_153814.jpg

20201006_154104.jpg

20201006_153948.jpg

Heres a great way to carry moerman excelerator w/fliq pad. It is a plastic dry pasta container mod. It will hold up to 14in with no issue (I carry 10in excelerator w/fliq pad daily.)

A little cutting and sanding corner down it will last you for a really long time.

View attachment 21984

View attachment 21985

View attachment 21986

View attachment 21987
A man that also enjoys building and creating equipment. Glad I'm not alone 

Great job 

What kit do you work with? Are you trad only or have you got WFP system too? Cheers

What kit do you work with? Are you trad only or have you got WFP system too? Cheers
Both. Most of my residential is simple one story work that I trad at the moment. Storefronts trad only (safety). Commercial such as hotels and such Wfp.

We'll be working with combined technique. My wife will be doing the trad work on ground level and I will do the top windows with WFP.
Would you not find just doing wfp more beneficial and time saving with a cleaner result and no more soap ingress into the seals and frames 

Would you not find just doing wfp more beneficial and time saving with a cleaner result and no more soap ingress into the seals and frames 
There are many reasons why we settled with this setup. It was a tough call, took me at least two weeks (working on this everyday) to put this together in a way that we'll still have some money to buy food and petrol ? Wife prefers trad anyway, she is happy practising it. And as we all know, happy wife happy life! ?9379E437-DC4E-45B1-A1DC-506E28839226.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
There are many reasons why we settled with this setup. It was a tough call, took me at least two weeks (working on this everyday) to put this together in a way that we'll still have some money to buy food and petrol ? Wife prefers trad anyway, she is happy practising it. And as we all know, happy wife happy life! ?View attachment 22034
Hows the setup working for you guys?

Hows the setup working for you guys?
Hey man, thanks for asking.

Not very well, to be honest. At least for now. I am not entirely happy with this backpack hassle. It's actually a relief to trad without having to eff around with trolley, hose, valve etc. I certainly wouldn't want to go a full day with this setup.

Not very well, to be honest. At least for now. I am not entirely happy with this backpack hassle. It's actually a relief to trad without having to eff around with trolley, hose, valve etc. I certainly wouldn't want to go a full day with this setup.
Van mount is a lot easier and depending on the jobs location a lot faster 

It's like anything in life that is different or difficult at first, but it gets better and easier the more you practice.

Back