Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How quickly can you build 50 customers

ChaLad777

looking to get started window cleaning in the next week.

just the usually wfp starter; backpack and 25l jugs.

Im a canvasser for home improvements and also work in online lead generation and curious as to how quickly you can build a run? Say to about 50 people? 

I normally canvass for much bigger jobs. Roofing, rendering and new windows etc, and I can pull around 10 leads a week for those big jobs (3 hours per day canvassing). So I’d imagine that I’d be able to pull a good few more for window cleaning as it’s such a smaller Investment.

how many window customers can you guys pull in a week with 3 hours canvassing per day? 

Im doing go contactless only from day one, starting fb Lead gen ads in the next week and will be doing about 3 hours canvassing per day Monday to Friday.

Excited to get started and hopefully the fact that winters here, more or less, and I’m starting this in Scotland, that won’t be too much of a problem.

I've been binge watching All the YT channels and can’t wait to get started.

Any advice for starting out would be appreciated. 

It depends how saturated your area is with cleaners. In my area I would say if you canvassed hard for 2-3 weeks you could probably pull in 50 customers. However it wont be good quality work as that comes with time; you will need to weed out messers and bad jobs eg access issues, locked gates etc.....so a lot longer to get 50 quality jobs.

looking to get started window cleaning in the next week.

just the usually wfp starter; backpack and 25l jugs.

Im a canvasser for home improvements and also work in online lead generation and curious as to how quickly you can build a run? Say to about 50 people? 

I normally canvass for much bigger jobs. Roofing, rendering and new windows etc, and I can pull around 10 leads a week for those big jobs (3 hours per day canvassing). So I’d imagine that I’d be able to pull a good few more for window cleaning as it’s such a smaller Investment.

how many window customers can you guys pull in a week with 3 hours canvassing per day? 

Im doing go contactless only from day one, starting fb Lead gen ads in the next week and will be doing about 3 hours canvassing per day Monday to Friday.

Excited to get started and hopefully the fact that winters here, more or less, and I’m starting this in Scotland, that won’t be too much of a problem.

I've been binge watching All the YT channels and can’t wait to get started.

Any advice for starting out would be appreciated. 
Facebook leads will be a big help for you. You'll pick up messers but you'll work your way though them and be left with the good customers. I managed to build my business in an area considered 'saturated'. Just focus on quality and being the best around. ? 

Unless you're in my area, in which case give up now. ? 

Interested in the FB lead gen, I've run fb ads and am running some now but that's for an online store unrelated to window cleaning. my objective with that is purchase conversion. So what is or would be your cost per lead do you think with fb?

As i've never run lead gen what interests do you put in fb and can you narrow down location to a town ect. mine are USA or UK

Last edited by a moderator:
I joined Checkatrade which cost me £80 a month and got about 6 really good customers. One new customer got me another 5 in the posh estate which makes me £80 a month for 3hrs work. Another customer got me the whole block in his building which makes me £60 for 2hrs work. It only takes one new customer to begin a trend if you do a good job. Where the newbi's fall down is trying to build a round too fast and they soon get demoralised and give up when they do their first winter. ?

Interested in the FB lead gen, I've run fb ads and am running some now but that's for an online store unrelated to window cleaning. my objective with that is purchase conversion. So what is or would be your cost per lead do you think with fb?

As i've never run lead gen what interests do you put in fb and can you narrow down location to a town ect. mine are USA or UK
Wouldn’t bother with interest targeting for windows, I’d just target People over 30.

you can narrow your audience down to a 1 mile radius. 

I don’t run ads for online stores, as far as I’m aware, online stores are all about retargeting ads based custom audiences from website traffic and ad engagement. 

if you’ve got your pixel set up and understand custom audiences and retargetig, that’s all you need. It helps to have an auto responder set up as well.

Not big on inline stores, home improvements is my baby lol although I’ve just taken on a UK wide mortgage broker. Hopeful let be able to get solid results there. 

ive got a few different ideas for the window ads, if I get good results I’ll share them 

I joined Checkatrade which cost me £80 a month and got about 6 really good customers. One new customer got me another 5 in the posh estate which makes me £80 a month for 3hrs work. Another customer got me the whole block in his building which makes me £60 for 2hrs work. It only takes one new customer to begin a trend if you do a good job. Where the newbi's fall down is trying to build a round too fast and they soon get demoralised and give up when they do their first winter. ?
Sound advice ??

Facebook leads will be a big help for you. You'll pick up messers but you'll work your way though them and be left with the good customers. I managed to build my business in an area considered 'saturated'. Just focus on quality and being the best around. ? 

Unless you're in my area, in which case give up now. ? 
Thanks mate ????

But are you not spending something like a grand a year just on Checkatrade?

But are you not spending something like a grand a year just on Checkatrade?
I'm spending two grand a year on Checkatrade now because I'm in their traders directory which goes through 100k letterboxes. Because I do a lot of PW on roofs and driveways, I have decided to buy another Falch nozzle so I can have one on my roof lance and one on my driveway lance. In total, three and a half grand but I'm getting the work which means I don't need to remove it all the time. Everything I buy is to save me time and makes the job quicker but I charge the same price as before. Other windys pass work on to me now because they are too busy. We help each other because there is a lot of work going about now.

Back