Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wrong payment on Bacs

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Bwfc

Hi I have noticed last few weeks had couple pay wrong amount under, sometimes it's more but on purpose I think? Have you had the awkward moment of letting them know?

Best to nip it in the bud straight away rather than let it get to a few cleans.
Had this the other week, thankfully it was the first clean I had done, the old fella had bagged up the money to give to me, cleaned the house, took the money, got back in the van and went to drive off, put the money away first and noticed it was £3 short. Went straight back and explained the error, no problems at all from them, even got an apology for them 'messing me around'. So yeah, if there is a discrepancy, correct it ASAP, preferably with the proof of what you originally quoted etc.

@Bwfc funny scenario as it can often be genuine and highlighting it can sometimes embarrass people of you appear to make it a thing.

we just email a generic response to make them aware of the error and we co be one amount versus amount paid. We just state that it’s no big deal and we don’t expect them to correct this now but we will add it to the next clean.

we highlight it and want it corrected but do so in a very relaxed no big deal way.

theres no need for them to respond if they don’t want to and it nips it. 

Hi I have noticed last few weeks had couple pay wrong amount under, sometimes it's more but on purpose I think? Have you had the awkward moment of letting them know?
I think with this uncertain climate we are all in right now the customer panics and with all the outgoings and incomings  basic maths is proving difficult. 

It is for me. Numeracy and dyslexic oh boy 

Back