Using a normal wet n dry

Cris78

I've got a 1500w wet and dry sitting in the garage. I was going to buy a sky vac atom but wondered instead can I just use the wet and dry? If so does anyone where where I can get the poles from and how would it attach to the vac? thanks

You can use a wet and dry vac and poles and connectors are available here: https://www.guttervacuumsystems.co.uk/product/gvs-light-weight-51mm-aerospace-aluminium-gutter-vacuum-pole-set/

I have a Numatic Henry type cleaner (it's actually the one with the extra pump in to clean carpets) that only has a 1060 watt motor in. I recently used that to clean out my gutters at home. It worked well with a few issues. First off we have a bungalow and I was using a small scaffold tower so gutters were at shoulder level so no poles needed. While if picked up all the moss and mess it did fill up quite quick. The other problem was the corrugated hose trapped the wet soil so got heavier and more blocked as I progressed. I had to clean it out with a hose a couple of times.

Gutter Vac systems do a smallish 1300watt 'domestic' gutter vac that has a largish tank and a 51mm cyclone inlet that will provide more suction for the wattage and will be less likely to block up. It's about £300 or you can get it as a kit with poles so it's not too expensive really. 

21 minutes ago, Cris78 said:

I've got a 1500w wet and dry sitting in the garage. I was going to buy a sky vac atom but wondered instead can I just use the wet and dry? If so does anyone where where I can get the poles from and how would it attach to the vac? thanks

The wattage may not be sufficient to draw from height and also the vacs inlet will clog.

I'm guessing your wet vac has started cheap black ribbed 32mm hose which will also crush under vacuum load.

You can buy poles anywhere by searching for gutter vacuum poles.

You can make poles from 32mm, 50mm black pvc waste and drainage pipe if you are desperate but you'd only be wasting money like many others have done before you in trying.

Have a look on ebay Facebook marketplace for an older higher powered numatic twin motor machine or search through the forums sale threads for used equipment is my best advice