Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Does resin go off?

Baldmonkey

Just wanted to know if resin goes off and if so how long is the shelf life? Wanted to buy some for the next year or two, ta

Just wanted to know if resin goes off and if so how long is the shelf life? Wanted to buy some for the next year or two, ta
Simple answer Yes. 

If not stored in an air tight container the air and moisture degrade it's chemical property and efficiency.

Get some air tight barrels and large zip lock bags.

I get my Barrels from a local army / government surplus store with screw tight lids and locking rings. I also use a bin bag inside aswell 

20201005_192922.jpg

20201005_192911.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I aquired a part used sack that had not been properly stored and had dried out, it worked fine. Maybe would have lasted longer if it had been kept properly though.

just out of interest how much resin are you hoping to stockpile? 

Have a word with your supplier they may be able to advise you on correct shelve life and production dating of the product 

in my experience resin doesnt go off......its often 4 or 5 months between resin changes with open bags just stored in my outside storage space....its always been fine.....no airtight containers!

Back