how a stupid accident can knacker you up

johnny bravo

johnny bravo

well where to start.   stood in a garden  pulling reel from van,  stepped back, next thing lying on the floor, concrete driveway,  i was ok,  got up and carried on through day till 2.     at home  then noticed my wrist starting to pain.    by 5 o clock i could not hold a cup.    my wrist completelly felt painfull and could not move fingers without pain.   i must have smacked it on the Concrete when Landing on concrete   luckilly had an elasticated bandage ,  seemed comfortable as it compressed the area arm and wrist.

No work today,    still sore so thought better rest it up.    Hopefully get out tomorrow .     I actually fell back over a Plant Pot.

Stupid accident.       Can Fxxk   you up .  Right pixxd  off with myself

• Agree 2
22 minutes ago, johnny bravo said:

well where to start.   stood in a garden  pulling reel from van,  stepped back, next thing lying on the floor, concrete driveway,  i was ok,  got up and carried on through day till 2.     at home  then noticed my wrist starting to pain.    by 5 o clock i could not hold a cup.    my wrist completelly felt painfull and could not move fingers without pain.   i must have smacked it on the Concrete when Landing on concrete   luckilly had an elasticated bandage ,  seemed comfortable as it compressed the area arm and wrist.

No work today,    still sore so thought better rest it up.    Hopefully get out tomorrow .     I actually fell back over a Plant Pot.

You’re doing the right thing mate. I was going to go to work after not falling over a hitting my hand on holiday in Cornwall. I couldn’t close the hand like you, drove back and at the behest of my partner I went to hospital expecting it to be a waste of time for them. Turns out I’d broken it. So keep an eye on it and don’t overdo it. 

I always deliberately look for things that may trip me before I start working but it’s always the thing you miss that gets you 😆

22 minutes ago, ksp said:

I always deliberately look for things that may trip me before I start working but it’s always the thing you miss that gets you

I always trip on my Trip Hazard Cones, no one else does, just me, and this is true not made up to sound funny.

johnny bravo

its the loss of work when you dont expect it.     just got back from holiday and it was my first day back.    Wont push it.     Hopefully its better than today tomorrow.   A couple of days rest and hot water bottles to put on it .   Some customers get funny if a week or 2 late.   

2 minutes ago, johnny bravo said:

A couple of days rest and hot water bottles to put on it .

Don't put hot water on until the swelling has gone, the swelling is your body sending water to cool the injury down so heating it would delay recovery. If anything put ice on the swelling.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, johnny bravo said:

Might pay to go to A&E and get it checked out just in case you  have broken something. 

• Agree 2

Sorry About your accident mate. Do you think it might be worthwhile getting it checked out in case its a fracture?

3 hours ago, johnny bravo said:

Good afternoon, sorry to hear off your health and safety discrepancy.

Hope you are feeling better now.

I fell badly a few years ago smashing my elbow tip. Cracked it in two places causing my arm to look like it was falling off. The worst part was rupturing the sack of fluid in the joint making my arm swell 4 times its size before I could have an operation to fit plates and pins.

Look after yourself 👍🏻

IM Off work with a doggy back today, I was fine yesterday bent down checking heat on a radiator and bang gone just like that I’ll be out for the week at least  Nowt you can do some times I just hope it buckets down with rain while I’m off 😂 

johnny bravo

i do not think it is fractured as its starting to get movement back, slowly but surelly.  worst bit seems but wiping.  haha,  it had to be my best hand, right ha.nd     ill see if it has got more movement tomorrow.  keeping the compressed sleeve on covering my wrist.   glad i have this.   seems to be helping a lot.

its only a minor accident but boy  how it can put you back.     ive had a couple message,   are you now due.     try putting them off ,  due in a few days..      rounds seem to creep up quick,    so easy to get behind with work.

• Agree 3
36 minutes ago, johnny bravo said:

i do not think it is fractured as its starting to get movement back, slowly but surelly.  worst bit seems but wiping.  haha,  it had to be my best hand, right ha.nd     ill see if it has got more movement tomorrow.  keeping the compressed sleeve on covering my wrist.   glad i have this.   seems to be helping a lot.

its only a minor accident but boy  how it can put you back.     ive had a couple message,   are you now due.     try putting them off ,  due in a few days..      rounds seem to creep up quick,    so easy to get behind with work.

Get a bidet mate 

Hope you're better soon.

I would be telling the nagging customers I'm off sick for a few days to stop them nagging

18 minutes ago, Daftoldgit said:

Hope you're better soon.

I would be telling the nagging customers I'm off sick for a few days to stop them nagging

Tell them you are self isolating they will shut up pretty quick 😂😂😂 and wont want you round then  

Edited by Pjj
  • Haha 2

I'm always telling people 'this pole is safer than being up ladders!' I've had loads more trips and stumbles doing WFP than I ever did with the ladders. One time doing an upstairs standing on a decking, took a step back then next thing I know I'm ON the deck! Splayed out brush flying everywhere. No damage done which was miraculous the way I went down! Always lessons to be learnt eh..!?

• Haha 2
johnny bravo

get up quick as if nothing has happened.       you can laugh at your self at what happened eventually.   

On 06/10/2020 at 15:16, Part Timer said:

I always trip on my Trip Hazard Cones, no one else does, just me, and this is true not made up to sound funny.

😂

My favourite is to trip up over my own hose.😄 The trouble is that as I get older I tend to stagger more and more.

This morning I was muttering to myself about all this garden hose the customer had left along the path and how inconsiderate and dangerous it was. When I looked down it was my own hose.

33 minutes ago, spruce said:

😂

My favourite is to trip up over my own hose.😄 The trouble is that as I get older I tend to stagger more and more.

This morning I was muttering to myself about all this garden hose the customer had left along the path and how inconsiderate and dangerous it was. When I looked down it was my own hose.

on-an-adventure-before-dementia-multi-coloured-funny-vinyl-car-camper-van-or-caravan-sticker-19282-p.jpg

doug atkinson

Hope it sorts itself out. The older you get it takes longer to heal. Growing up in Africa I was some would say wild but I would say no fear. I have cracked so many bones and never knew. Many years ago I had an X-ray on my face and the doctor said he never seen in his history so many cracks, I could have been good looking 😂 

I played physical sports up to early 50’s then knocks began to hurt and took longer to heal. So haven’t played for some time now.

When you get mine and Spruces age you will be moving plant pots out the way or anything that is a trip hazzard😂 

Hope you feel better tomorrow 

johnny bravo

back at work now, 3 days off with a elasticated bandage on my arm and wrist.   Thankfully no major break or fracture i guess.    just had a week off previous with holliday.     need to get back on track now.      hopefully weather keeps ok,    weekend also.

its a relief knowing you can get back to bringing in some of that lovelly cash

• Like 3