Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

how a stupid accident can knacker you up

johnny bravo

well where to start.   stood in a garden  pulling reel from van,  stepped back, next thing lying on the floor, concrete driveway,  i was ok,  got up and carried on through day till 2.     at home  then noticed my wrist starting to pain.    by 5 o clock i could not hold a cup.    my wrist completelly felt painfull and could not move fingers without pain.   i must have smacked it on the Concrete when Landing on concrete   luckilly had an elasticated bandage ,  seemed comfortable as it compressed the area arm and wrist.

No work today,    still sore so thought better rest it up.    Hopefully get out tomorrow .     I actually fell back over a Plant Pot.

Stupid accident.       Can Fxxk   you up .  Right pixxd  off with myself

well where to start.   stood in a garden  pulling reel from van,  stepped back, next thing lying on the floor, concrete driveway,  i was ok,  got up and carried on through day till 2.     at home  then noticed my wrist starting to pain.    by 5 o clock i could not hold a cup.    my wrist completelly felt painfull and could not move fingers without pain.   i must have smacked it on the Concrete when Landing on concrete   luckilly had an elasticated bandage ,  seemed comfortable as it compressed the area arm and wrist.

No work today,    still sore so thought better rest it up.    Hopefully get out tomorrow .     I actually fell back over a Plant Pot.

You’re doing the right thing mate. I was going to go to work after not falling over a hitting my hand on holiday in Cornwall. I couldn’t close the hand like you, drove back and at the behest of my partner I went to hospital expecting it to be a waste of time for them. Turns out I’d broken it. So keep an eye on it and don’t overdo it. 

I always deliberately look for things that may trip me before I start working but it’s always the thing you miss that gets you ?

its the loss of work when you dont expect it.     just got back from holiday and it was my first day back.    Wont push it.     Hopefully its better than today tomorrow.   A couple of days rest and hot water bottles to put on it .   Some customers get funny if a week or 2 late.   

Might pay to go to A&E and get it checked out just in case you  have broken something. 

Good afternoon, sorry to hear off your health and safety discrepancy.

Hope you are feeling better now.

I fell badly a few years ago smashing my elbow tip. Cracked it in two places causing my arm to look like it was falling off. The worst part was rupturing the sack of fluid in the joint making my arm swell 4 times its size before I could have an operation to fit plates and pins.

Look after yourself ??

IM Off work with a doggy back today, I was fine yesterday bent down checking heat on a radiator and bang gone just like that I’ll be out for the week at least  Nowt you can do some times I just hope it buckets down with rain while I’m off ? 

i do not think it is fractured as its starting to get movement back, slowly but surelly.  worst bit seems but wiping.  haha,  it had to be my best hand, right ha.nd     ill see if it has got more movement tomorrow.  keeping the compressed sleeve on covering my wrist.   glad i have this.   seems to be helping a lot.

its only a minor accident but boy  how it can put you back.     ive had a couple message,   are you now due.     try putting them off ,  due in a few days..      rounds seem to creep up quick,    so easy to get behind with work.

i do not think it is fractured as its starting to get movement back, slowly but surelly.  worst bit seems but wiping.  haha,  it had to be my best hand, right ha.nd     ill see if it has got more movement tomorrow.  keeping the compressed sleeve on covering my wrist.   glad i have this.   seems to be helping a lot.

its only a minor accident but boy  how it can put you back.     ive had a couple message,   are you now due.     try putting them off ,  due in a few days..      rounds seem to creep up quick,    so easy to get behind with work.
Get a bidet mate 

I'm always telling people 'this pole is safer than being up ladders!' I've had loads more trips and stumbles doing WFP than I ever did with the ladders. One time doing an upstairs standing on a decking, took a step back then next thing I know I'm ON the deck! Splayed out brush flying everywhere. No damage done which was miraculous the way I went down! Always lessons to be learnt eh..!?

I always trip on my Trip Hazard Cones, no one else does, just me, and this is true not made up to sound funny.
?

My favourite is to trip up over my own hose.? The trouble is that as I get older I tend to stagger more and more.

This morning I was muttering to myself about all this garden hose the customer had left along the path and how inconsiderate and dangerous it was. When I looked down it was my own hose.

Hope it sorts itself out. The older you get it takes longer to heal. Growing up in Africa I was some would say wild but I would say no fear. I have cracked so many bones and never knew. Many years ago I had an X-ray on my face and the doctor said he never seen in his history so many cracks, I could have been good looking ? 

I played physical sports up to early 50’s then knocks began to hurt and took longer to heal. So haven’t played for some time now.

When you get mine and Spruces age you will be moving plant pots out the way or anything that is a trip hazzard? 

Hope you feel better tomorrow 

back at work now, 3 days off with a elasticated bandage on my arm and wrist.   Thankfully no major break or fracture i guess.    just had a week off previous with holliday.     need to get back on track now.      hopefully weather keeps ok,    weekend also.

its a relief knowing you can get back to bringing in some of that lovelly cash

I may have put this on here before but last year I nearly went for a swim in a garden pond.

The garden concerned was very simple and had seen very little change in a long time due to the gentleman caring for his very sick wife, so I just got used to it the way it was. The customer had  placed a deck chair right in front of the pond since my previous visit and I entered the garden with eyes aloft and went headlong over it. Thankfully just managed to stop myself going in, but it was touch and go for a second or so. I'm now a lot more careful going into that garden.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back