Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Recently started on my own *marketing*

Norris2nd

Hi all, really just looking for some advice on marketing, have only recently set up alone, around a month and have picked up around 30 monthly customers and 9 6 weekly, 

I understand unfortunately this is possibly the wrong time of year to have started up

Havent done any door knocking yet but very comfortable in doing so as had previously worked as part of a canvassing team (not window cleaning) so only really dropped leaflets and Facebook ads, 

Is door knocking still the best solution to build a round quickly? And how quickly would you expect a new round to grow?

Hi all, really just looking for some advice on marketing, have only recently set up alone, around a month and have picked up around 30 monthly customers and 9 6 weekly, 

I understand unfortunately this is possibly the wrong time of year to have started up

Havent done any door knocking yet but very comfortable in doing so as had previously worked as part of a canvassing team (not window cleaning) so only really dropped leaflets and Facebook ads, 

Is door knocking still the best solution to build a round quickly? And how quickly would you expect a new round to grow?
You’ve picked up 39 customers in a month without canvassing. You’re doing exceptionally well in my book! 

good afternoon to you. I find many methods combined together work well at attracting new customers and contractors.

They worst part with a few new starters is just putting a flyer through the letterbox, to me that's worthless and easy fire lighters.

I personally knock on the, step back and greet the householder with a genuine happy smile and present them with a flyer and business card oriented in a manner they can see and read it straight away.

My other leads are generated by 

Facebook 

Twitter 

Instagram 

Recommendations by friends and family.

You've got to put on the work but the customer start to build up.

Always try a one off discount and and a first clean on the same day or next if they require your services.

That's my opinion and how I work 

You’ve picked up 39 customers in a month without canvassing. You’re doing exceptionally well in my book! 
he's done very well indeed 

If doing monthly cleans  ie 4 weekly don’t do 6 weekly as well it will cause no end of issues offer either 4 and 8 weekly that keeps it simple and you will be in the areas at the same time . 

Face to face marketing is best of course but least efficient in terms of time per person reached and many not requiring your services. I have used Facebook as my main source of marketing and after two years i am now pretty busy. Make yourself a facebook business page then you can canvas in local groups after joining them for free - once you get used to it the number of people reached vs time it takes is really good. On posts where i share across 5+ groups i generally reach at least 2000 people and on some i have topped 4000 with over 100 engagements (people clicking and viewing the post).

In the future my plan is trying some paid adverts that hit a specific demographic of people to target my services - i would guess this is particularly good for niche high end services like softwashing, roof cleaning type stuff. I just need to tap into Cambridge Analytics database to get enough datapoints on every person in the uk next ?

You've done well so far, not sure if you will be allowed to knock doors or not as Yorkshire is in lockdown. 

I'm in the south east which is currently not in lockdown.. but I'd guess it wont be long. 
Apologies, I had totally misread your location and thought you were in Yorkshire, London will catch up in the next 2 weeks I reckon and get locked down, so get out and crack on 

You've done well so far, not sure if you will be allowed to knock doors or not as Yorkshire is in lockdown. 
Will lockdown not be different this time being more leanient to people who are working? Wouldn’t have thought they could afford to do that again on such a scale and just do a full lock down but just for social stuff. I know I won’t be stopping this time if they do just as many others didn’t last time. 

Will lockdown not be different this time being more leanient to people who are working? Wouldn’t have thought they could afford to do that again on such a scale and just do a full lock down but just for social stuff. I know I won’t be stopping this time if they do just as many others didn’t last time. 
I was meaning on the door knocking side as to whether this would be deemed as acceptable not just by those in power but also people in general, work won't be effected for us as we will be able to carry on as normal as before,

We were never asked not to work it's just the guidance was an absolute mess and at times still is, I picked up our local free paper and it had a full page add from the county council almost telling people to work from home or words to that effect but it's how I read it, a full lock down will come in December or a bit before. 

Latest Posts

Back