Jump to content

Univalve or gardiner gooseneck valve with hose outside of pole !


Davycrocket

Recommended Posts

Davycrocket

Has anybody used a Univalve or gardiner gooseneck valve with the pole hose on the outside of the pole ?

And if so which is the best ?

 

Cheers

Link to post
2 minutes ago, Davycrocket said:

Has anybody used a Univalve or gardiner gooseneck valve with the pole hose on the outside of the pole ?

And if so which is the best ?

 

Cheers

If really shouldn't be attempted as the Univalve relies on vertical pull activation and is designed for internal pole use. You'll have issues creating the upper pole stop and risk the realistic fact of snapping the upper and lower barbs off 

Link to post

I’d just run my hose through my pole if I was you unless there’s a specific reason why not to? It’s soooooo much easier. 

Link to post
8 minutes ago, Cleanco said:

I’d just run my hose through my pole if I was you unless there’s a specific reason why not to? It’s soooooo much easier. 

I'm guessing he's what I call an active pole splitter 

 

Someone who's removes the brush head to reduce weight when doing ground floor windows without fighting a whole size pole on ground level 

Link to post
Davycrocket
14 minutes ago, Apw1210 said:

I'm guessing he's what I call an active pole splitter 

 

Someone who's removes the brush head to reduce weight when doing ground floor windows without fighting a whole size pole on ground level 

This, and  i prefer the hose out as I find it's less moving the trolley round and less snagging, may be just imagining that though 🙂

 

So univalve ? Or should i just put a wireless remote control on the trolley ?

Link to post
11 minutes ago, Davycrocket said:

This, and  i prefer the hose out as I find it's less moving the trolley round and less snagging, may be just imagining that though 🙂

 

So univalve ? Or should i just put a wireless remote control on the trolley ?

What trolley are you using mate? 

Me personally being an electronics specialist i would if a tough call to make? Electronic relays are great at reducing pump strain and pressure switch wear directly on a trolley system however univalves work further from the water source without the issues of environment interference, distance issues over 60M line of sight and water ingress damage to remote controls. 

Link to post
Davycrocket
28 minutes ago, Apw1210 said:

What trolley are you using mate? 

Me personally being an electronics specialist i would if a tough call to make? Electronic relays are great at reducing pump strain and pressure switch wear directly on a trolley system however univalves work further from the water source without the issues of environment interference, distance issues over 60M line of sight and water ingress damage to remote controls. 

Its one I've put together myself from one of your how to guides mate, works a treat but i waste loads of water / chems.

Link to post
2 minutes ago, Davycrocket said:

Its one I've put together myself from one of your how to guides mate, works a treat but i waste loads of water / chems.

I'd stick with your remote control system. It's not overlooking the pump and isn't keeping your hose charged under pressure.

I have a univalve but I'm so over cautious of it breaking. They are not cheap 

Link to post
12 hours ago, Apw1210 said:

I'm guessing he's what I call an active pole splitter 

 

Someone who's removes the brush head to reduce weight when doing ground floor windows without fighting a whole size pole on ground level 

Maybe, although I’ve never tried it myself Ive heard that doing that can be more fatiguing than using a full pole as you can use the pole length  to act as leverage when you need to apply pressure to the window for stubborn stains. Also your your gonna be stretching all over he place to each the tops of the frames. 

Just now, Cleanco said:

Maybe, although I’ve never tried it myself Ive heard that doing that can be more fatiguing than using a full pole as you can use the pole length  to act as leverage when you need to apply pressure to the window for stubborn stains. Also your your gonna be stretching all over he place to each the tops of the frames. 

Also with most decent modern poles the heads can be removed in seconds anyway so that pointless. 

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.