Jump to content

Sky vac elite pole diy attachments


Adman

Recommended Posts

hi all.  I've got a skyvac industrial with the poles with clamps.  The angle gooseneck is too shallow to reach over and into some deep box gutters I've got to do.  I need to make something in more of a "U" shape to reach over and down.  Has anyone made anything out of gutter / waste pipe parts?  Everything I've tried is the wrong size to get clamped effectively in the top pole

Any advice gratefully received

Link to post
39 minutes ago, Adman said:

hi all.  I've got a skyvac industrial with the poles with clamps.  The angle gooseneck is too shallow to reach over and into some deep box gutters I've got to do.  I need to make something in more of a "U" shape to reach over and down.  Has anyone made anything out of gutter / waste pipe parts?  Everything I've tried is the wrong size to get clamped effectively in the top pole

Any advice gratefully received

I've made lots off attachments for friends. 

U bends 45 degree adapters etc 

I've used various types of waste pipe from 32mm to 100mm 

 

How tight a U are you trying to make ? 

A great way to increase or reduce pole and attachments is by using silicone hose or car radiator hose from a host of motor factors like euro car parts, Halfords and plumbing supply companies 

Edited by Apw1210
more information
Link to post

Yes I have made up a number of ends nothing however is a tight fit in the poles I just put a few turns of insulation tape around the waist pipe joiner until it fits in the pole or fitting it works a treat , I had a similar problem to you and used a silicon bend and solvent waist pipe that has enough movement in the silicon bend to go into most things 

Link to post
7 minutes ago, Apw1210 said:

I've made lots off attachments for friends. 

U bends 45 degree adapters etc 

I've used various types of waste pipe from 32mm to 100mm 

 

How tight a U are you trying to make ? 

A great way to increase or reduce pole and attachments is by using silicone hose or car radiator hose from a host of motor factors like euro car parts, Halfords and plumbing supply companies 

I need quite a wide "u" maybe 10  - 12 inches to get over the box gutter.  I could use a couple of swept 90 degree bends but 40mm waste pipe doesn't fit in the elite pole

Link to post
20 minutes ago, Adman said:

I need quite a wide "u" maybe 10  - 12 inches to get over the box gutter.  I could use a couple of swept 90 degree bends but 40mm waste pipe doesn't fit in the elite pole

That’s strange we have cleaned tens of thousands of meters of gutters all shapes and sizes and not had a problem take a look on spinner cleans site they emailed me yesterday with pictures of some new ends that they are doing I will try and see if I can get a picture of what you arecafter , this is what I made up for one job we have coming up it’s 1:5 inch waist pipe with a 1:5 inch joiner on the end with a bit of insulation tape on it it’s a perfect fit in the elete poles , you can use 1:5 going into the poles and 2 inch going int the gutter if you want . 

4CB1DDEB-D8D1-49D0-A5D9-74BEC908C613.jpeg

C9DB75B9-BBB9-4195-AB33-82F928C4833E.jpeg

Hear you go 

334C6A79-823D-4190-9A59-2BDFCA936AE1.png

Link to post
7 hours ago, Pjj said:

That’s strange we have cleaned tens of thousands of meters of gutters all shapes and sizes and not had a problem take a look on spinner cleans site they emailed me yesterday with pictures of some new ends that they are doing I will try and see if I can get a picture of what you arecafter , this is what I made up for one job we have coming up it’s 1:5 inch waist pipe with a 1:5 inch joiner on the end with a bit of insulation tape on it it’s a perfect fit in the elete poles , you can use 1:5 going into the poles and 2 inch going int the gutter if you want . 

4CB1DDEB-D8D1-49D0-A5D9-74BEC908C613.jpeg

C9DB75B9-BBB9-4195-AB33-82F928C4833E.jpeg

Hear you go 

334C6A79-823D-4190-9A59-2BDFCA936AE1.png

No wonder you make your own with them prices😂😂

  • Haha 1
Link to post

It's the biggest scam ever with over inflated prices just because they are branded task specific components.

You can readily buy drawn over mandrel aluminium tubing with a variety of radius bends and diameter 

It's all in the wording. If anyone is old enough but enjoyed modified cars 20 years ago It's a glorified induction kit with sparco silicone rubber EVA connectors 

  • Agree 3
Link to post
8 hours ago, Apw1210 said:

It's the biggest scam ever with over inflated prices just because they are branded task specific components.

You can readily buy drawn over mandrel aluminium tubing with a variety of radius bends and diameter 

It's all in the wording. If anyone is old enough but enjoyed modified cars 20 years ago It's a glorified induction kit with sparco silicone rubber EVA connectors 

Most of the silicone hoses and bends are off car inter coolers they are just the right size for gutter vac fittings and not too expensive 

Link to post
10 hours ago, Cleanco said:

No wonder you make your own with them prices😂😂

When I first started with a gutter vac about 15 or so years ago you couldn’t buy anything apart from a straight end so I started making ends for specific jobs only costs £2- 5 per end tool maximum they are light and easy to shape  using a hot air gun to make a narrow crevasse tool , when I quote a difficult job I look at what’s needed and make something that will do the job only takes 10 muinits a time . 

  • Like 2
Link to post
1 hour ago, Pjj said:

Most of the silicone hoses and bends are off car inter coolers they are just the right size for gutter vac fittings and not too expensive 

I did note that mate. It's a shame prices inflate.

Sparco are the best place for pipe connections 

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.