Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sky vac elite pole diy attachments

Adman

hi all.  I've got a skyvac industrial with the poles with clamps.  The angle gooseneck is too shallow to reach over and into some deep box gutters I've got to do.  I need to make something in more of a "U" shape to reach over and down.  Has anyone made anything out of gutter / waste pipe parts?  Everything I've tried is the wrong size to get clamped effectively in the top pole

Any advice gratefully received

hi all.  I've got a skyvac industrial with the poles with clamps.  The angle gooseneck is too shallow to reach over and into some deep box gutters I've got to do.  I need to make something in more of a "U" shape to reach over and down.  Has anyone made anything out of gutter / waste pipe parts?  Everything I've tried is the wrong size to get clamped effectively in the top pole

Any advice gratefully received
I've made lots off attachments for friends. 

U bends 45 degree adapters etc 

I've used various types of waste pipe from 32mm to 100mm 

How tight a U are you trying to make ? 

A great way to increase or reduce pole and attachments is by using silicone hose or car radiator hose from a host of motor factors like euro car parts, Halfords and plumbing supply companies 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I have made up a number of ends nothing however is a tight fit in the poles I just put a few turns of insulation tape around the waist pipe joiner until it fits in the pole or fitting it works a treat , I had a similar problem to you and used a silicon bend and solvent waist pipe that has enough movement in the silicon bend to go into most things 

I've made lots off attachments for friends. 

U bends 45 degree adapters etc 

I've used various types of waste pipe from 32mm to 100mm 

How tight a U are you trying to make ? 

A great way to increase or reduce pole and attachments is by using silicone hose or car radiator hose from a host of motor factors like euro car parts, Halfords and plumbing supply companies 
I need quite a wide "u" maybe 10  - 12 inches to get over the box gutter.  I could use a couple of swept 90 degree bends but 40mm waste pipe doesn't fit in the elite pole

I need quite a wide "u" maybe 10  - 12 inches to get over the box gutter.  I could use a couple of swept 90 degree bends but 40mm waste pipe doesn't fit in the elite pole
That’s strange we have cleaned tens of thousands of meters of gutters all shapes and sizes and not had a problem take a look on spinner cleans site they emailed me yesterday with pictures of some new ends that they are doing I will try and see if I can get a picture of what you arecafter , this is what I made up for one job we have coming up it’s 1:5 inch waist pipe with a 1:5 inch joiner on the end with a bit of insulation tape on it it’s a perfect fit in the elete poles , you can use 1:5 going into the poles and 2 inch going int the gutter if you want . 

4CB1DDEB-D8D1-49D0-A5D9-74BEC908C613.jpeg

C9DB75B9-BBB9-4195-AB33-82F928C4833E.jpeg

Hear you go 

334C6A79-823D-4190-9A59-2BDFCA936AE1.png

That’s strange we have cleaned tens of thousands of meters of gutters all shapes and sizes and not had a problem take a look on spinner cleans site they emailed me yesterday with pictures of some new ends that they are doing I will try and see if I can get a picture of what you arecafter , this is what I made up for one job we have coming up it’s 1:5 inch waist pipe with a 1:5 inch joiner on the end with a bit of insulation tape on it it’s a perfect fit in the elete poles , you can use 1:5 going into the poles and 2 inch going int the gutter if you want . 

View attachment 21999

View attachment 22000

Hear you go 

View attachment 22001
No wonder you make your own with them prices??

It's the biggest scam ever with over inflated prices just because they are branded task specific components.

You can readily buy drawn over mandrel aluminium tubing with a variety of radius bends and diameter 

It's all in the wording. If anyone is old enough but enjoyed modified cars 20 years ago It's a glorified induction kit with sparco silicone rubber EVA connectors 

It's the biggest scam ever with over inflated prices just because they are branded task specific components.

You can readily buy drawn over mandrel aluminium tubing with a variety of radius bends and diameter 

It's all in the wording. If anyone is old enough but enjoyed modified cars 20 years ago It's a glorified induction kit with sparco silicone rubber EVA connectors 
Most of the silicone hoses and bends are off car inter coolers they are just the right size for gutter vac fittings and not too expensive 

No wonder you make your own with them prices??
When I first started with a gutter vac about 15 or so years ago you couldn’t buy anything apart from a straight end so I started making ends for specific jobs only costs £2- 5 per end tool maximum they are light and easy to shape  using a hot air gun to make a narrow crevasse tool , when I quote a difficult job I look at what’s needed and make something that will do the job only takes 10 muinits a time . 

Most of the silicone hoses and bends are off car inter coolers they are just the right size for gutter vac fittings and not too expensive 
I did note that mate. It's a shame prices inflate.

Sparco are the best place for pipe connections 

Back