Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Lead generation Ebay Warning!!

Master Splinter

Heads up on this Con , sent me  50 houses that are supposed to be new home owners , they are not !! Called at a few houses and owners said they had been there over a year , checked out the addresses on the market all sold way back.

Cant get money back via Ebay cant do anything. £130 for nothing 

Don't fall for it just another con artist in this game !!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WINDOW-CLEANING-ROUND-Pinpoint-Leads-helps-you-grow-expand-your-round/164377823981?hash=item2645ae8aed:g:wQgAAOSwdilfYS4E

Heads up on this Con , sent me  50 houses that are supposed to be new home owners , they are not !! Called at a few houses and owners said they had been there over a year , checked out the addresses on the market all sold way back.

Cant get money back via Ebay cant do anything. £130 for nothing 

Don't fall for it just another con artist in this game !!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WINDOW-CLEANING-ROUND-Pinpoint-Leads-helps-you-grow-expand-your-round/164377823981?hash=item2645ae8aed:g:wQgAAOSwdilfYS4E
A serious word of warning... buy leads on Ebay is like buying a cheap Chinese RO DI system 

Total shite and you shouldn't be on Ebay when it comes to running a business on items that are to good to be true

Sorry for your loss but next time is a NO NO 

Last edited by a moderator:
A serious word of warning... buy leads on Ebay is like buying a cheap Chinese RO DI system 

Total shite and you shouldn't be on Ebay when it comes to running a business on items that are to good to be true

Sorry for your loss but next time is a NO NO 
I know ive been in this game a long time should have known , never mind hopefully know body on here will get hit.

No mate , spoke to Ebay cant do anything because he has listed it under real estate and cars , and they wont cover you on that so just be careful.

I have reported him in every way i can. 
That is shocking. They are now listed under service business and Information services. 

I guess you also tried paypal as well as ebay?

Looks like someone sold an old ebay account and they are trading on year old reputation!! 

They say the post the item!! So could you say you didn't receive package?

If you're looking for new work, you can find plenty of recommendations for canvassers and lead generation on this forum to help you gain new customers.

One thing I don't suggest. Buying leads from Ebay! But lesson learned... at least you're taking it on the chin and moving on.

If you're wanting to increase your customer base get in touch and I'll be able to help. And dont worry, I don't charge until you actually have one! And they won't cost you £130! ?

So you have the guys name as have seen the location. One name springs to mind and I wouldn’t be surprised.

On another note do most people find it hard trying to generate a round. I suppose you have to have confidence in knocking on people’s doors.

When I window cleaned I managed to generate a full round within a month just by knocking doors and I’m no salesman.

That is shocking. They are now listed under service business and Information services. 

I guess you also tried paypal as well as ebay?

Looks like someone sold an old ebay account and they are trading on year old reputation!! 

They say the post the item!! So could you say you didn't receive package?
I have tried that but it wont let you do that either , Im not sure how id go via paypal?

So you have the guys name as have seen the location. One name springs to mind and I wouldn’t be surprised.

On another note do most people find it hard trying to generate a round. I suppose you have to have confidence in knocking on people’s doors.

When I window cleaned I managed to generate a full round within a month just by knocking doors and I’m no salesman.
I have a full round was just looking to bulk it out a tad before xmas I never settle always looking no matter how many on the round.

Hes a little pr!ck who sells comics be looks of it ?

I have tried that but it wont let you do that either , Im not sure how id go via paypal?
If you paid via paypal and look for dispute resolution. It might try and direct you back to ebay's dispute resolution. If it does and you haven't tried that give it a go. Basically the dispute resolution system gives the seller an opportunity to respond and if they don't within about 14 days you get refunded. If they dispute it you can provide your evidence that the people haven't moved house.  Paypal dispute service works similar to ebay so sometimes you go round in circles till you find the right page but it should be there somewhere.

I get a bit of a bee in my bonnet when sellers take the mickey.

Sometimes ebay just use automated systems but that can work in your favour. i.e sometimes you have to return items and the tracking number is proof to ebay you sent something and it was delivered ?

Do everything you can to get your money back or at least make their job difficult.

PayPal are very approachable and generally very helpful. 

I strongly believe it's a trading standards case but eBay will not assist you and all it takes is the seller to delete his account.

Did you happen to catch their name or trading details or phone number. 

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/contact-us

The problem with the listing is that they're advertising it as people in new homes. Over a year old, that isn't new. So you have every right to make a claim to ebay/PayPal resolution. You should be protected as it is not as described.

When I started it was a mixture of door knocking, networking and above all asking existing customers for referrals. We were fortunate in that we did purchase a neglected trad round which was compact and about 4 days wfp work. We heard about a window cleaner who had given up and moved. We knew the areas he used to service but not his individual customers. We canvassed the whole area and picked up loads of his abandoned work.

I found that the most effective way was asking existing customers for referrals. Over the years one of my customers and his wife got us around 30 new customers which snowballed from there. Now most of our loyal customers have come from that one customer.

I always said that you needed to eat and sleep window cleaning, taking every opportunity to ask everyone we spoke to if they wanted or knew of anyone who wanted a window cleaner. When you are building a round you have no time to talk football, F1 or anything else.

Times have changed. New window cleaners think that a sign written van, sending out mailing shots and social media are the way to go. In some areas that must still work. Door knocking is so old school, but in the old days, it was the way it was done. Very few these days want to put in the leg work and ask a potential customer face to face if they need a window cleaner.

If I saw a home owner cleaning their windows I would have no problem stopping the van and asking if they would consider a quote for me doing the job for them. My son used to get so embarrassed but I got a few jobs doing that. I also got a few 'no thank yous.'

I found it took a lot of effort and hard graft to grow our round. 16 years ago it was easier than it is nowadays. I would hate to start from scratch now.

When I started it was a mixture of door knocking, networking and above all asking existing customers for referrals. We were fortunate in that we did purchase a neglected trad round which was compact and about 4 days wfp work. We heard about a window cleaner who had given up and moved. We knew the areas he used to service but not his individual customers. We canvassed the whole area and picked up loads of his abandoned work.

I found that the most effective way was asking existing customers for referrals. Over the years one of my customers and his wife got us around 30 new customers which snowballed from there. Now most of our loyal customers have come from that one customer.

I always said that you needed to eat and sleep window cleaning, taking every opportunity to ask everyone we spoke to if they wanted or knew of anyone who wanted a window cleaner. When you are building a round you have no time to talk football, F1 or anything else.

Times have changed. New window cleaners think that a sign written van, sending out mailing shots and social media are the way to go. In some areas that must still work. Door knocking is so old school, but in the old days, it was the way it was done. Very few these days want to put in the leg work and ask a potential customer face to face if they need a window cleaner.

If I saw a home owner cleaning their windows I would have no problem stopping the van and asking if they would consider a quote for me doing the job for them. My son used to get so embarrassed but I got a few jobs doing that. I also got a few 'no thank yous.'

I found it took a lot of effort and hard graft to grow our round. 16 years ago it was easier than it is nowadays. I would hate to start from scratch now.
I pride myself and face to face mask communication and putting in the leg work. It's rewarding and we do not trade in a faceless society.

I knocked on doors all last week and the feedback was outstanding

Quite a few people mentioned that they had a few leaflets through the door from someone they'd not met and binned them as they wanted someone at their door. Had the time to put in and also had a few socially distant coffees and chats in their gardens selling more than one service. 

That's linked but it may not be him so he may know who it is as he has a unique surname. If you do a research on "Pinpoint" which is in his description he may or may not have done a course on that.
It's most definitely an unfamiliar yet unique name Doug, wouldn't take much to find him in person I don't think.

Back