Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Window Cleaners Terminology

Apw1210

Good evening all, hope you are all keeping well.

Here's a Terminology breakdown which may be of use to new starters in the industry trying to understand some of the abbreviations used within the trade.

If you have anymore please quote below 

Custy - Customer 

Conny - Conservatory 

WFP - Water fed pole 

Trad - Traditional window cleaner or cleaning

RO - Reverse osmosis 

DI / Vessel  - Deionisation Vessel 

BOAB - Bucket on a belt 

Windy - Window Cleaner 

Here's a Terminology breakdown which may be of use to new starters in the industry trying to understand some of the abbreviations used within the trade.

If you have anymore please quote below 

Custy - Customer 

Conny - Conservatory 

WFP - Water fed pole 

Trad - Traditional window cleaner or cleaning

RO - Reverse osmosis 

DI / Vessel  - Deionisation Vessel 

BOAB - Bucket on a belt 

Windy - Window Cleaner 
Gfs == gutters ,facias, soffits 

Ime sure there must be more but cannot think at the moment ??

It was smurf who came up with ar$ehole tax..good though.
It's the best I've heard in year, flipping love it. 

It's almost as funny as your average Facebook Post from Karen, how much to clean my windows? She only wants the cheapest standard haha 

It's the best I've heard in year, flipping love it. 

It's almost as funny as your average Facebook Post from Karen, how much to clean my windows? She only wants the cheapest standard haha 
I do regularly add it to some quotes.

Depends on the vibe I get from them.

On one of the sites I work on the old Caretaker was very influential where contracts went so when you had to quote he use to say when you quote don't forget to put the fat on. The Carrtaker was called Frank and the fat was Frank's added tax ?
Insight into real world business practice. Been going on since year dot. I think of it as a thankyou payment for the work.

This is useful. I actually ended up on here after accumulating the basics elsewhere so that I can decode the hieroglyphs at higher levels. My head circumference has definitely grown by an inch at least in the past month or so.

So I speak some windy I guess ??

Conny and custy are my favourites by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back