Gardiners backpack pump

Cottonlung

Could anybody recommend a replacement pump that will fitĀ the gardiner backpack v2 and a possible link? It appears they are out of stock and need one pretty sharpish. Thanks in advance šŸ‘

11 minutes ago, Cottonlung said:

Could anybody recommend a replacement pump that will fitĀ the gardiner backpack v2 and a possible link? It appears they are out of stock and need one pretty sharpish. Thanks in advance šŸ‘

I would honestly suggest if you were that reliant on a backpack I would order another backpack. Are you sure its the motor not not a blown fuse.

31 minutes ago, Cottonlung said:

As @sprucementioned fault diagnosis is paramount in this trade and the ability to understand how your equipment works. .

Check the fuseĀ 

Check for a broken wireĀ 

Check the flow controller module outputĀ 

Have you ran bleach through it ?

If the pump is knackered buy a new oneĀ 

What make is it? There's a clue contract the manufacturerĀ 

Darren at DA Components sells diaphragm backpack pumpsĀ 

Chemical rated options are also availableĀ 

This isn't intended as a dig, I see so many posts where a degree of common sense would prevent such questions and also like i said, Understand and look further into the equipment you own as it's an assetĀ 

29 minutes ago, spruce said:

I would honestly suggest if you were that reliant on a backpack I would order another backpack. Are you sure its the motor not not a blown fuse.

Thanks for the reply.. it's deffo the pump.. I stupidly left some tfr in the backpack and only realised 2 weeks later.. everything on the backpack lights up, fuse is fineĀ 

Ā 

8 minutes ago, Apw1210 said:

As @sprucementioned fault diagnosis is paramount in this trade and the ability to understand how your equipment works. .

Check the fuseĀ 

Check for a broken wireĀ 

Check the flow controller module outputĀ 

Have you ran bleach through it ?

If the pump is knackered buy a new oneĀ 

What make is it? There's a clue contract the manufacturerĀ 

Darren at DA Components sells diaphragm backpack pumpsĀ 

Chemical rated options are also availableĀ 

This isn't intended as a dig, I see so many posts where a degree of common sense would prevent such questions and also like i said, Understand and look further into the equipment you own as it's an assetĀ 

Yeah I do have a little grey matter up there although stupidly left some degreaser in the backpack after a job and forgot to rinse it through, only realised 2 weeks later.. as regards to the fuse etc it all lights up just the pump doesn't work.. may just buy a new one save the faff.. thanks guys!!

2 minutes ago, Cottonlung said:

Thanks for the reply.. it's deffo the pump.. I stupidly left some tfr in the backpack and only realised 2 weeks later.. everything on the backpack lights up, fuse is fineĀ 

Ā 

Yeah I do have a little grey matter up there although stupidly left some degreaser in the backpack after a job and forgot to rinse it through, only realised 2 weeks later.. as regards to the fuse etc it all lights up just the pump doesn't work.. may just buy a new one save the faff.. thanks guys!!

Bit of tfrĀ isnā€™t going to hurt a pump like that we permanently have a Virosol mix left in ours all the time and they last at least 3 years and we put tons of hypo through them as wellĀ 

3 minutes ago, Cottonlung said:

Ā 

Give my good friend Darren Ansbro a call first thing and tell him you need a backpack pump ASAPĀ 

DA components are the bestĀ 

Tell him Austin gave you the recommendationĀ 

Just now, Pjj said:

Bit of tfrĀ isnā€™t going to hurt a pump like that we permanently have a Virosol mix left in ours all the time and they last at least 3 years and we put tons of hypo through them as wellĀ 

Ahh well had it 3 + years and only gets used every blue moon.. so wouldn't say it's been hammered either. Anyhoo thanks for your input šŸ‘

42 minutes ago, spruce said:

Not reliant, its just a upvc clean and no way around the back to run a hose except through the house which I wouldn't do, no outside tap so it's a case of filling from van and walking through.. luckily the price reflects the hassleĀ 

1 minute ago, Cottonlung said:

Not reliant, its just a upvc clean and no way around the back to run a hose except through the house which I wouldn't do, no outside tap so it's a case of filling from van and walking through.. luckily the price reflects the hassleĀ 

That's the best way to operate. Think on your toes. There's always a way to may money with legitimate reasonsĀ 

On 08/10/2020 at 21:39, Cottonlung said:

Have you had any luck getting a pump sorted ??

6 hours ago, Apw1210 said:

Have you had any luck getting a pump sorted ??

Pump was goosed. Took it to pieces but ordered a fresh one which can handle stuff harsher than water! Thanks for the reccomendatiion šŸ‘

23 minutes ago, Cottonlung said:

Pump was goosed. Took it to pieces but ordered a fresh one which can handle stuff harsher than water! Thanks for the reccomendatiion šŸ‘

Good result. Yes you can get chemical friendly pumps with viton sealsĀ