Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiners backpack pump

Cottonlung

Could anybody recommend a replacement pump that will fit the gardiner backpack v2 and a possible link? It appears they are out of stock and need one pretty sharpish. Thanks in advance ?

Could anybody recommend a replacement pump that will fit the gardiner backpack v2 and a possible link? It appears they are out of stock and need one pretty sharpish. Thanks in advance ?
I would honestly suggest if you were that reliant on a backpack I would order another backpack. Are you sure its the motor not not a blown fuse.

As @sprucementioned fault diagnosis is paramount in this trade and the ability to understand how your equipment works. .

Check the fuse 

Check for a broken wire 

Check the flow controller module output 

Have you ran bleach through it ?

If the pump is knackered buy a new one 

What make is it? There's a clue contract the manufacturer 

Darren at DA Components sells diaphragm backpack pumps 

Chemical rated options are also available 

This isn't intended as a dig, I see so many posts where a degree of common sense would prevent such questions and also like i said, Understand and look further into the equipment you own as it's an asset 

I would honestly suggest if you were that reliant on a backpack I would order another backpack. Are you sure its the motor not not a blown fuse.
Thanks for the reply.. it's deffo the pump.. I stupidly left some tfr in the backpack and only realised 2 weeks later.. everything on the backpack lights up, fuse is fine 

As @sprucementioned fault diagnosis is paramount in this trade and the ability to understand how your equipment works. .

Check the fuse 

Check for a broken wire 

Check the flow controller module output 

Have you ran bleach through it ?

If the pump is knackered buy a new one 

What make is it? There's a clue contract the manufacturer 

Darren at DA Components sells diaphragm backpack pumps 

Chemical rated options are also available 

This isn't intended as a dig, I see so many posts where a degree of common sense would prevent such questions and also like i said, Understand and look further into the equipment you own as it's an asset 
Yeah I do have a little grey matter up there although stupidly left some degreaser in the backpack after a job and forgot to rinse it through, only realised 2 weeks later.. as regards to the fuse etc it all lights up just the pump doesn't work.. may just buy a new one save the faff.. thanks guys!!

Thanks for the reply.. it's deffo the pump.. I stupidly left some tfr in the backpack and only realised 2 weeks later.. everything on the backpack lights up, fuse is fine 

Yeah I do have a little grey matter up there although stupidly left some degreaser in the backpack after a job and forgot to rinse it through, only realised 2 weeks later.. as regards to the fuse etc it all lights up just the pump doesn't work.. may just buy a new one save the faff.. thanks guys!!
Bit of tfr isn’t going to hurt a pump like that we permanently have a Virosol mix left in ours all the time and they last at least 3 years and we put tons of hypo through them as well 

Give my good friend Darren Ansbro a call first thing and tell him you need a backpack pump ASAP 

DA components are the best 

Tell him Austin gave you the recommendation 

Bit of tfr isn’t going to hurt a pump like that we permanently have a Virosol mix left in ours all the time and they last at least 3 years and we put tons of hypo through them as well 
Ahh well had it 3 + years and only gets used every blue moon.. so wouldn't say it's been hammered either. Anyhoo thanks for your input ?

Not reliant, its just a upvc clean and no way around the back to run a hose except through the house which I wouldn't do, no outside tap so it's a case of filling from van and walking through.. luckily the price reflects the hassle 

Not reliant, its just a upvc clean and no way around the back to run a hose except through the house which I wouldn't do, no outside tap so it's a case of filling from van and walking through.. luckily the price reflects the hassle 
That's the best way to operate. Think on your toes. There's always a way to may money with legitimate reasons 

Latest Posts

Back