Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Soffits/facia cleaning and gable end

Cris78

When cleaning gutters/facias etc do you include the gable end or is that charged separately? I'm relatively green so just looking for some advise here on what's the best approach for pricing here

Deffo add a bit extra, i generally add anywhere between 20-40 depending on the size, i did a bungalow a few weeks ago that had a tiny depth added £20 and it took me 5 minutes, also did a 2 storey house that had a ridiculously pitched roof so gable end was massive so i added £40 took me 15mins 

Last edited by a moderator:
When cleaning gutters/facias etc do you include the gable end or is that charged separately? I'm relatively green so just looking for some advise here on what's the best approach for pricing here
No, as a gable end is a masonry clean and larger surface area which require a completely different approach and access

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/xtreme-35cm-brush-medium-tapertec-hybrid.html

Bought a couple of these new brushes from Gardiner today.

Regarding fsg cleaning, yesterday a follow up asked me to come over and price all his pvc clean, paint a wooden fascia board and paint a bit of new roughcast which he had paint for then he mentioned cleaning the conny roof to remove the moss. I just priced everything and handed it on my card, came to £600 or £700 if he wanted new pvc on the only piece of wood that the house had. Not scared to price high now because they can't get anyone else to do it and I'm reliable.

only if they specifically ask me to

they don't seem to get as dirty as the other bits
Don’t see how you can clean the rest and not do the eves ?.. they literally take a couple of muinits per end ,the old expression comes to mind “ if a jobs worth doing it’s worth doing well , if someone clean mine I wouldn’t pay  until they did , we clean all UPVC on a house when doing it , gfs, cladding if it has it just price it all in the job and then the windows doors and all framework .

I clean them if they ask me to, I do get them to show me exactly what they want cleaned so there's no confusion (and some people say fascia when they really mean soffit, so I like to get it sorted out first)

Some people refer to then as whites. How much do you charge to clean my whites?

We have always done the gable ends as part of the job.

If it's a walk up then also add on the price of a first clean window clean. Some of the muck you bring down from the soffits will end up on the windows.

I clean them if they ask me to, I do get them to show me exactly what they want cleaned so there's no confusion (and some people say fascia when they really mean soffit, so I like to get it sorted out first)
I would of thought most people say fascia because that’s the bit you see especially on a gable end. Unless it’s a massive overhang. I’ve never just done a soffit with out doing the fascia. 

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/xtreme-35cm-brush-medium-tapertec-hybrid.html

Bought a couple of these new brushes from Gardiner today.

Regarding fsg cleaning, yesterday a follow up asked me to come over and price all his pvc clean, paint a wooden fascia board and paint a bit of new roughcast which he had paint for then he mentioned cleaning the conny roof to remove the moss. I just priced everything and handed it on my card, came to £600 or £700 if he wanted new pvc on the only piece of wood that the house had. Not scared to price high now because they can't get anyone else to do it and I'm reliable.
The thread is about gable ends, not you ?

That's me got all my customers on the wfp now. Buying the Grippatank hot water system was the best thing I did. Saving tremendous amount of time and money rolling in, couldn't have done it without all the help from the forum. Would like to thank everyone for their knowledge. ?

Yes, they are always easier to clean as they are most likely exposed so the rain will keep on top of it but they can lead to staining from the sun etc. When quoting fascias we include all of them unless advised otherwise. 

Back