Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

White spots/stains

joely_bland

Hi guys

Had a call back today from a customer who noticed some white spots on the window after I’d cleaned them earlier on. When I turned up, there was almost like a patch or cloud of white spots/stains all close together and despite using scrims etc, it just does not budge. It’s on the outside but just refuses to come off. Any idea what causes it and if there’s any sort of substance I can use to get rid of it?

Cheers

Did you notice if they were there before you cleaned them and was it a new clean? 

Just wondering if it's limescale that is more obvious now you've cleaned them. 

If so, limescale remover and a scouring pad is what I use for that. 

Hi guys

Had a call back today from a customer who noticed some white spots on the window after I’d cleaned them earlier on. When I turned up, there was almost like a patch or cloud of white spots/stains all close together and despite using scrims etc, it just does not budge. It’s on the outside but just refuses to come off. Any idea what causes it and if there’s any sort of substance I can use to get rid of it?

Cheers
Sounds like limescale, is it at a place where rainwater runs down?

Yeah that’s it. I think you’re right there. Looks exactly like limescale now you’ve mentioned it. Any ideas what’s best to remove it? I’ve noticed Unger do a hard stain remover called Rubout 
HG limescale remover works well 

Yeah that’s it. I think you’re right there. Looks exactly like limescale now you’ve mentioned it. Any ideas what’s best to remove it? I’ve noticed Unger do a hard stain remover called Rubout 
HG limescale remover, Kilrock limescale remover or white vinegar. There is plenty of stuff out there but better to spray it on and go back 10mins later when its softened up a bit and repeat and scrub off.

Back