Jump to content

Bookkeeper or Self assessment / Quick Books


Recommended Posts

Morning everyone. I know each to there own etc, I have some time off to start looking for new customers, to hopefully take on my as my full time job. Does anyone similar to this use QuickBooks or a book keeper and possibly a reason why. How easy is it too do it yourself Please? Thanks 😀

Link to post

Weekly spreadsheet

Week 1    takings    expenses

 

Then a monthly spreadsheet

Month 1    Takings     expenses (inc insurances, monthly bills etc etc)

 

Takes me 20mins on a sunday, and about 4hrs on 6th April

 

Easy peasy

Link to post
2 minutes ago, HWCS said:

Weekly spreadsheet

Week 1    takings    expenses

 

Then a monthly spreadsheet

Month 1    Takings     expenses (inc insurances, monthly bills etc etc)

 

Takes me 20mins on a sunday, and about 4hrs on 6th April

 

Easy peasy

We do similar , my wife does  the weekly lists and running totals and the accountant sorts out the rest . 

Link to post
11 minutes ago, Suhrly said:

Does anyone here do daily records? Or is weekly/monthly/yearly sufficient?

We have daily work sheets that are then stuck in a diary and weekly and monthly totals are kept on separate records . 

  • Like 2
Link to post
4 hours ago, Azz1 said:

Morning everyone. I know each to there own etc, I have some time off to start looking for new customers, to hopefully take on my as my full time job. Does anyone similar to this use QuickBooks or a book keeper and possibly a reason why. How easy is it too do it yourself Please? Thanks 😀

I have an excel spreadsheet I use and enter my weekly figures into and total per month. and a file box with just receipts in it for expenses etc 

All card payments go into my back as they are collected and cash is deposited weekly to avoid loss or unnecessary spending etc.

A separate diary which i duplicate my figures into, everything backed up onto a memory stick also 

Link to post
6 hours ago, Pjj said:

We have daily work sheets that are then stuck in a diary and weekly and monthly totals are kept on separate records . 

I use pretty much identical sheets to you, thanks for the template 😉😉

  • Like 2
Link to post

I don't see the point of paying for Quickbooks if at some point you will want or need to use something like http://aworka.com a £12 a month to track your rounds this allows you to input full details of all jobs name, address phone number, price, frequency and so on plus it tracks all your income, put in your expenses as well and it automatically produces profit and loss, 

I have had a chartered accountant for years as well as this ensures I am able to offset all my expenses correctly and he put's through things I am not fully aware off or have a full understanding off and ensures I am as tax efficient as possible which matters more so when buying and changing vans.

Edited by Iron Giant
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.