Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What would you charge (i hate these threads)

HWCS

I really really hate these what would you charge posts as i think if you cant price up a job you shouldnt be going for the job.

BUT

Ive seen this roof on a new build next to an existing customer i know what id charge NOTHING because i wouldnt want the job as i think it would be a horrendous clean every time!! Bugs and crud in the summer and muddy and gunky af in the winter.

Ladies and gentlemen i give you 'living roof'

20201012_114204.jpg

Sorry am I being a bit thick what do you want a price for ????
Just curious as to wether people would charge extra for this beings the roof is alive and would id imagine be a pig, or if anybody actually does any roofs like this and are they a pain the the butt like i think.

Just curious as to wether people would charge extra for this beings the roof is alive and would id imagine be a pig, or if anybody actually does any roofs like this and are they a pain the the butt like i think.
If you mean the v lux windows then we would do them don’t see why they would be a problem we do a spa that has a seedom roof . 

I really really hate these what would you charge posts as i think if you cant price up a job you shouldnt be going for the job.

BUT

Ive seen this roof on a new build next to an existing customer i know what id charge NOTHING because i wouldnt want the job as i think it would be a horrendous clean every time!! Bugs and crud in the summer and muddy and gunky af in the winter.

Ladies and gentlemen i give you 'living roof'

View attachment 22021
A great one for those of us who dabble in gardening to supplement their windows. Tricky old job mowing that though ?

Cannot see it properly but looking at the roof that alone would be £250 so with the sides as well total price of around £450 - 500 , below is a couple that we regularly do ????

04E102AB-9F95-4AF5-92D6-9BFEE1699DB7.jpeg

43DE96DC-FB00-4C70-A4BE-649FCFEC4740.jpeg

79191DC3-36BB-4A86-A7C1-C893FCCE51AF.jpeg

B5A379DA-26C7-4675-BD3B-FAF88D3A743F.jpeg

FBEC884D-7E65-4848-A215-35A3AA3C5D95.jpeg

What about this Conservatory roof ?View attachment 22064
Looks a beast, looks like glass too, 150 if a 3 hour job, (id need a short break or two) but if they want it perfect could take 50% longer, so, dont think they'd like the price. I did one the other month and the feller asked me if i was Robin hood, cheek, was only 45 for admittedly much smaller than that one. So tricky i think. Im sure some would rather an imperfect job at cheaper rate, which I will do, especially as those bits just keep coming out the sides.

Going to see it tomorrow morning, if it's glass then I'm not interested. Far easier ways to make money. Fairly certain they won't pay a full days labour, times 2, for us to clean it. 
Go on quote them £500 and see what they say nothing ventured nothing gained , with two of you that would take a morning , spray with hypo mix if green if not Virosol good scrub rinse with garden hose then finish off with pure ????

Bet that was a good earner well into the 4 figures ??????
It was actually relatively clean, only took an hour. It's never been done for at least 5 years as well. We do his windows every month, which takes 30 minutes.

I've done a lot of aluminium business with him for 20+ years so charged him £100, including his windows. Took 3 man hours in total.

Go on quote them £500 and see what they say nothing ventured nothing gained , with two of you that would take a morning , spray with hypo mix if green if not Virosol good scrub rinse with garden hose then finish off with pure ????
I don't know, as never seen it yet, but if it's glass on the side of the building and poor access, i.e. step ladders I'll quote him at least that. Hot water and TFR will be my method. He rang me end of September and I said I'll view it in the next few days but it will be the end of October before we could do it, he said that's too late. He rang me again yesterday, probably doesn't realise I know he's already rang me, I will remind him when I quote. I now know his house is up for sale, £500k+, which is a big number round here and he obviously can't find anyone to do it, either technically or price wise. We can do it technically, I doubt he can stomach the price though.

I don't know, as never seen it yet, but if it's glass on the side of the building and poor access, i.e. step ladders I'll quote him at least that. Hot water and TFR will be my method. He rang me end of September and I said I'll view it in the next few days but it will be the end of October before we could do it, he said that's too late. He rang me again yesterday, probably doesn't realise I know he's already rang me, I will remind him when I quote. I now know his house is up for sale, £500k+, which is a big number round here and he obviously can't find anyone to do it, either technically or price wise. We can do it technically, I doubt he can stomach the price though.
I always find the ones I think will go for it dont and the ones I dont think will pay do ???, at the moment we are turning down every enquire as just got such a backlog of work .

Glass roof, I'd probably be at £280-350 including the sides.. But I really dislike conny roofs so am constantly upping my prices to make it worthwhile.
The only issue is, apart from being glass, is access to the roof attached to building. I will turn it down, no matter what the price, if I deam it too hard, dangerous, to clean this part. Don't fancy breaking an arm, leg, pole, teetering on a step ladder for an hour.

Back