Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Expansion Advice

GlassActWinchester

Hi there,

I have a really good round but I am maxed out with time and customers but would like to expand, how would I go about this without hurting myself or existing customers?

Im not old but need to start thinking of the future ie taking a more managerial role

many thanks

sam

Hi there,

I have a really good round but I am maxed out with time and customers but would like to expand, how would I go about this without hurting myself or existing customers?

Im not old but need to start thinking of the future ie taking a more managerial role

many thanks

sam
Evening Sam, 

Tough questions as customer loyalty balance can be a tricky one, when wanting to expand and add additional services or employ someone to take on the work load you've created.

If you get someone else working for you then its a case of training, showing them the customer location and handover 

Also can they uphold your values, customer service and loyalty.

When you mention expand and also mention stepping back what is your exact vision and where to do need to be? 

Austin 

Thanks Austin,

You make a good point regarding customer loyalty mine are fiercely on my side haha

well I’m not old but I would like to think about a managerial role as I can’t window clean forever so was thinking of purchasing a small round not to far away employing someone to do it and just organising the work, but the upholding my values would be the trick but I don’t think impossible

theres a lot to think about for sure 

am

Thanks Austin,

You make a good point regarding customer loyalty mine are fiercely on my side haha

well I’m not old but I would like to think about a managerial role as I can’t window clean forever so was thinking of purchasing a small round not to far away employing someone to do it and just organising the work, but the upholding my values would be the trick but I don’t think impossible

theres a lot to think about for sure 

am
i know 2 older window cleaners and they are both still working in their mid 70s....climbing ladders too!they look great for their age!just topping up their pensions part time...but theres no reason why you cant carry on for many more years yet (health permitting of course)....

I'm nearly 70 and I have taken on the role of managing the business and I can do that because I Franchised my business. I have sold 4 Franchises and I have 2 guys who are looking to come on board in the new year. That's my pension plan. ?

Back