Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Roof cleaning — biocide treatment under solar panels

ryan31688

Hi there,

We have a roof clean tomorrow which has solar panels where we won't be able to scrape underneath remove moss. We plan on spraying two loads of biocide on these particular patches of roof to compensate for it. How long should we leave it between spraying each round of biocide?

Thanks!

We generally give it 30-40 muinits and a heavier dose so the moss is soaked with the mix , over a few months it will kill it all off and gradually with rain it will fall off and wash down the roof , you could also increase the strength of the mix for  that area if you wanted , @kevinc250 is the expert with theses kind of things 

thanks! So it needs approx 30-40 mins to soak in before rainfall ideally?
If you read the instructions most say it needs 6-12 hours without rain to be effective , but Ime sure the stuff is supposed to be dead within an hour or so after application . 

Sorry i think ive asked this before,but iam still in the thinking stage and havent done any soft washing yet.Can i put a bioside on a roof with out scrapeing,and how much longer will it take to work,will it need another application a few months after,and is it any easier to scrape a roof sometime after (weeks) when the moss has been Killed Thank you.

Sorry i think ive asked this before,but iam still in the thinking stage and havent done any soft washing yet.Can i put a bioside on a roof with out scrapeing,and how much longer will it take to work,will it need another application a few months after,and is it any easier to scrape a roof sometime after (weeks) when the moss has been Killed Thank you.
 Scraping a roof to remove moss is easy it doesn’t take a lot of effort to remove it , it’s good practice to scrape first then treat , if not scraped off it will take a lot more product  to kill it as it needs to soak it up , then when it dies it will fill the gutters up , I dint know if it was you that asked this before but someone did ??

Back