Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Securing a 500L tank into a fiat scudo

Matt-s

Hello everybody I am new to the forum and am just setting up my own van for the first time after working for some one for 5+ years my question is how do people go about setting their tanks in place. chap I worked for created a wooden section round the bottom and ratchet straps to secure. any other ideas or ways will be helpful. Thanks, Matt 

Hi Matt and welcome , depending what tank you have you can buy steel cages from the likes of pure freedom and others to bolt them to the floor try giving them a ring . 

Hello everybody I am new to the forum and am just setting up my own van for the first time after working for some one for 5+ years my question is how do people go about setting their tanks in place. chap I worked for created a wooden section round the bottom and ratchet straps to secure. any other ideas or ways will be helpful. Thanks, Matt 
If you already have a tank buy a recommended cage

If your no good with a tape measure and drill contact your nearest mechanic or mobile mechanic to help

Local window cleaning supplies near you may also fit tanks at a cost greater than your average mechanic 

If you already have a tank buy a recommended cage

If your no good with a tape measure and drill contact your nearest mechanic or mobile mechanic to help

Local window cleaning supplies near you may also fit tanks at a cost greater than your average mechanic 

Hi Matt and welcome , depending what tank you have you can buy steel cages from the likes of pure freedom and others to bolt them to the floor try giving them a ring . 
Thanks for the replies. I was looking for a cheaper alternative to the cage as I’ve just bought the van the poles all the bits to get going and am going to take it to panks electrical to get all wired up as I don’t know what I’m doing with that. And I’ve just found a leak in my bedroom in my house! ? but if the cages are the best way to go I suppose I better see about getting one! 

Thanks for the replies. I was looking for a cheaper alternative to the cage as I’ve just bought the van the poles all the bits to get going and am going to take it to panks electrical to get all wired up as I don’t know what I’m doing with that. And I’ve just found a leak in my bedroom in my house! ? but if the cages are the best way to go I suppose I better see about getting one! 
You can save money and wire up a pump battery and controller with even a simple charger with ease providing you are not colour blind 

A cage is a safe option as death by ratchet straps is frowned upon however by recent posts a strapped in (temporary) system is cheaper when declared on insurance. 

If you want to wire your own system give me a shout ill draw up a guide for you 

You can save money and wire up a pump battery and controller with even a simple charger with ease providing you are not colour blind 

A cage is a safe option as death by ratchet straps is frowned upon however by recent posts a strapped in (temporary) system is cheaper when declared on insurance. 

If you want to wire your own system give me a shout ill draw up a guide for you 
Yes that would be really helpful thank you! Someone I know had it done by panks electrical and they installed the battery to be charged by the battery in the front of the van They done a really good  job and the battery is in a case  and everything’s nice and neat but it cost over 500 quid so if I can save on that I’ll get a cage instead ?

Yes that would be really helpful thank you! Someone I know had it done by panks electrical and they installed the battery to be charged by the battery in the front of the van They done a really good  job and the battery is in a case  and everything’s nice and neat but it cost over 500 quid so if I can save on that I’ll get a cage instead ?
Over £500 on an electrical installation? Is that gold plated cable 

That was with the battery and all mod cons just what he said it cost to me so not sure as I’m new to all this if it’s easy enough I’ll give it a go myself though 
Oh my, I know how much everything cost at retail prices and whats need

I'd say approximately £274 without rip off labour 

Oh my, I know how much everything cost at retail prices and whats need

I'd say approximately £274 without rip off labour 
I’m going to give them a ring and get a quote out of interest now anyway if it’s around the price you say I’ll probably have them do it when you break it down 500 does seem a lot 

Just as an idea a leisure battery even from Halfords is £110, a battery box is £20, a split charge relay and 5m cable kit is £60, battery clamps £10. Then you need a fuse box, some cable, heatshrink and maybe a crimp tool and crimps, a couple of grommets (rubber cable protectors when cable pass through metal bulkheads), maybe some felix conduit (cable protector) .

It's quite simple to wire up. You just have 0V (Chassis of van) and +12v from van battery to split charger to leisure battery. Then from leisure battery to fuse box to switch to pump controller. Pump controller to pump. That's really it - very basic idea of what to do not instructions ?.

Latest Posts

Back