Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

shall I tell my customers that I'm switching to wfp?

Amazin

got the wfp system installed today.  would you message all your customers and let them know or do you just turn up and do it? I'm feeling bit nervous tbh. Been spending loads of time doing it trad on their windows for years. I'm sure I will lose a few customers

got the wfp system installed today.  would you message all your customers and let them know or do you just turn up and do it? I'm feeling bit nervous tbh. Been spending loads of time doing it trad on their windows for years. I'm sure I will lose a few customers
Good morning, me personally I'd tell them face to face as a text or email Is a rather empty meaningless message that doesn't reward their loyalty and support of your business 

They may embrace the change or you may lose a lot of customers 

Print of an A4 poster to show them with the benefits and cleaning power of pure water and explain the science and process of pure water 

Well thats my humble opinion 

Don't text you are giving them a get out.

Just turn up and clean the windows. If anyone questions it just say it's safer (H&S recommend not working off ladders if an alternative method is available and WFP is that) plus you are now cleaning frames and doors free. You can also tell them they are getting a better clean and no chemicals!

Say if there are any issues then let you know within 24hrs and you will sort it.

I was tradding 20 years before switching over, so I know the nervousness you are experiencing. 
I was bricking it myself!

I tried to be as professional as I could about it, so I printed up stuff explaining the system, how it worked,  and the safety aspect of switching over. I then posted them through letterboxes. This was after I’d already spoken to them regarding the switch. 

Let them know you’re being forced to switch like I was on commercial jobs and I really didn’t want to lose the work. let them know at least one window cleaner dies from falling off a ladder in the UK every year. 

I actually fell from a ladder and hit my head In 1996 so I told them that as well. 

you definitely won’t lose lots of work so don’t panic there, and you will also gain other work from people who want the WFP only!

all the best!

and remember- you’re making the right move and doing the right thing! If people don’t approve then you really don’t want them as your customers. 

personally I'd tell them face to face as a text or email Is a rather empty meaningless message that doesn't reward their loyalty and support of your business
Maybe because I'm older, this is one the best statements that I've read and agree with in a long.

Personal connection.

If I was switching over again then I would take a different approach. I would clean all windows and doors twice before I left and I would clean them for free and ask the customers for their opinion on the result. ?

If you've just had the system installed you have probably left it a bit late. ?

In your position I would knock up a leaflet explaining that you are making the change for safety reasons and explaining the benefits they will get from your new way of working. Crack on and leave a leaflet at every customer when you do them.

You probably won't lose many, if any, but it does depend on the character of your customers which nobody can predict.

I can't remember losing any but that was 19 years ago and I can't remember last week. ?

Good luck.

I’d make sure you’re 100% confident in leaving a spotless finish the first time round.
Have you practiced loads on your own/family/friends windows? 
I go round the whole house twice on a first clean just to be sure. Last thing you want is to leave a bad first impression when switching over, the customer will think it’s an inferior method rather than bad technique/lack of experience. 

I personally wouldn’t bother telling them. A plumber doesn’t tell you what tools he’s using to get the job done; as long as the job is done then there shouldn’t be a problem. 

Make sure you do a good job the first time (give a thorough rinse) and you’ll be fine.

Back