Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is 30 ft pole to big for someone who's new to WFP?

Amazin

I'm planning on getting a boss pole but I feel 30ft is too long. My peugeot partner might not be able to take it at the back

I'm planning on getting a boss pole but I feel 30ft is too long. My peugeot partner might not be able to take it at the back
A 16 plate standard length Peugeot partner 1.3 hdi blue will only fit a bladeright Ltd Boss H22 length ways above and behind the driver seat.

I had a 4 foot length of 68mm drain downpipe affixed to the roof cross member and the pole along with fitted Facelift Phantom lightweight bush and standard angle adapter fits perfectly with the rear doors closed giving 4 inches of safe space

Above the driver seat my roof lining was designed for the storage of pole like objects 

You'll only fit a BOSS 30ft in diagonally 

20201014_144816.jpg

dont buy A 30FT BOSS POLE!a gardiners CLX 22FT will be perfectly fine for starting out mate...a lot lighter and a much more useable pole until you build your upper body muscles up...itll also fit in your van.....?

A 16 plate standard length Peugeot partner 1.3 hdi blue will only fit a bladeright Ltd Boss H22 length ways above and behind the driver seat.

I had a 4 foot length of 68mm drain downpipe affixed to the roof cross member and the pole along with fitted Facelift Phantom lightweight bush and standard angle adapter fits perfectly with the rear doors closed giving 4 inches of safe space

Above the driver seat my roof lining was designed for the storage of pole like objects 

You'll only fit a BOSS 30ft in diagonally 

View attachment 22040
My van is 66 plate but the layout at the back is pretty much the same, I ordered a 25ft ova8 pole today so i might struggle slightly but it should be fine, I'll work something out. I'm glad my van is Peugeot partner, one of the best vans you can buy and newer models have 1 ton payloads! Thanks for the informative post

I started with a SLX 22 pole 3yrs ago and still have it, a great allrounder. I just started slowly and built up everything when I needed it.
Unfortunately based on what i've been reading, the quality for slx poles have gone down alot recently. A new slx pole is completely different compare to older slx poles. 

My van is 66 plate but the layout at the back is pretty much the same, I ordered a 25ft ova8 pole today so i might struggle slightly but it should be fine, I'll work something out. I'm glad my van is Peugeot partner, one of the best vans you can buy and newer models have 1 ton payloads! Thanks for the informative post

Unfortunately based on what i've been reading, the quality for slx poles have gone down alot recently. A new slx pole is completely different compare to older slx poles. 
I will just hang on to mine then as it seems very robust. 

I have had slx poles since they were introduced the quality is no different now to what it has ever been ,in fact they are better now with the smart clamps we use ours 8 hours a day 5 days a week and they last 2-4 years on average , I dont have time to maintain them as we have at least 3 per van  the only time they get cleaned is if they jam due to dirt or tape coming off , they are in my opinion the most robust pole in the market and I have tried nearly all the makes out there and always go back to gardiners as they are head and shoulders above everything else out there. 

Just some cheap ladder hooks from homebase and fit them diagonally across the roof inside 

As a newbie myself then I would say yes. My SLX22 arrived two days ago and it's been a doddle so far to clean my windows and frames. The weight feels just about right so a 30 would have made it a bit more difficult to control for the less experienced like myself.

Back