Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Facelift system installed but don't know how to operate it:(

Amazin

Got the 425ltr facelift system installed but I don't know how to operate it. I know this sounds terrible and they're suppose to send me the instructions but nothing. I don't think this is a bad place to ask so please help if you know the answer. 

-If you look at the first photo you can see the word "fill" written on the tank. what I don't understand is that ain't you supposed to connect that to a water supply? I'm planning on getting a garden hose and get tap water from my garden tap. If so then that will fill the tank with tap water instead of pure water?? Unless the tap water doesn't go into the tank but to the two pre-filters in photo 2? It just look like it's going straight into the tank, I hope I'm wrong on this

-Will the filtering process start by itself as long it's connected to a water supply with enough psi? what is the minimum requirement for psi? If the water pressure if not enough then I will need to get a pump right?

Any advice or answer will be greatly appreciated . Thanks 

121649832_4440516546018780_7990060180408136274_n.jpg

121642716_1018591135251314_1764611260707580916_n.jpg

121631088_280410556371760_4762194101445996639_n.jpg

You need to take some more wide angled photos, it’s hard to see what’s what. 

you need to figure out the route of the hoses. But essentially it should go from your tap into the pre-filters into the RO filter, then either into the tank of or through the DI vessel at the back.

Got the 425ltr facelift system installed but I don't know how to operate it. I know this sounds terrible and they're suppose to send me the instructions but nothing. I don't think this is a bad place to ask so please help if you know the answer. 

-If you look at the first photo you can see the word "fill" written on the tank. what I don't understand is that ain't you supposed to connect that to a water supply? I'm planning on getting a garden hose and get tap water from my garden tap. If so then that will fill the tank with tap water instead of pure water?? Unless the tap water doesn't go into the tank but to the two pre-filters in photo 2? It just look like it's going straight into the tank, I hope I'm wrong on this

-Will the filtering process start by itself as long it's connected to a water supply with enough psi? what is the minimum requirement for psi? If the water pressure if not enough then I will need to get a pump right?

View attachment 22080

View attachment 22081

View attachment 22082
From what I can see is a basic 450L Di system with what appears to be 2 stage pre filtration 

Was it fitted by a mechanic or window cleaning supplies company?

Is it hard wired to the vehicle for split charge or just a stand alone using 

It's really easy, tap water in via to filters through the DI and into the tank

I'm guessing it has a flow controller most likely being a Facelift branded spring Europe Ltd V11 or 16

@Den is your man as he has a facelift system
Unfortunately I only have a delivery system, that’s looks like it’s got a couple of pre-filters and maybe a RO under the pre-filters? 

I haven’t seen one like that before. 

Hopefully someone else can advise.

Unfortunately I only have a delivery system, that’s looks like it’s got a couple of pre-filters and maybe a RO under the pre-filters? 

I haven’t seen one like that before. 

Hopefully someone else can advise.
I didn't see those ? looks kike a 40/40 set up 

The top pic looks like your inlet which should then go through your filters and into your tank. The bottom pic is your outlet that you connect to your pole. Get rid of that hose lock style connector and get either some rectus or slick connects. I’m not well up on ro’s as I’m only di but really they should have shown you how to work everything before leaving site surely?

From what I can see is a basic 450L Di system with what appears to be 2 stage pre filtration 

Was it fitted by a mechanic or window cleaning supplies company?

Is it hard wired to the vehicle for split charge or just a stand alone using 

It's really easy, tap water in via to filters through the DI and into the tank

I'm guessing it has a flow controller most likely being a Facelift branded spring Europe Ltd V11 or 16
He posted on CIU with better photos.

121673094_271691250713350_7627914594883379340_n.jpg121758444_263170991695050_6545941980032850752_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

View attachment 22080

View attachment 22081

View attachment 22082
I'm looking at getting the facelift 424L delivery only system. Did you get yours fitted by 1 of their recommended fitters?

R

I'm looking at getting the facelift 424L delivery only system. Did you get yours fitted by 1 of their recommended fitters?
They come with 4 fitting brackets and some tecscrews you need to throw away the tekscrews and buy some high tensile bolts and some spreader plates to go under van floor. It’s a case of lining up where you want your tank to be placed in your van and drilling 8 holes (two hole for each bracket) took my mate approx 20 minutes start to finish to install.

R

They come with 4 fitting brackets and some tecscrews you need to throw away the tekscrews and buy some high tensile bolts and some spreader plates to go under van floor. It’s a case of lining up where you want your tank to be placed in your van and drilling 8 holes (two hole for each bracket) took my mate approx 20 minutes start to finish to install.
Getting a mate of mine ,who is a mechanic to fit mine ,and the split relay. 

Thanks for the advice. £399 + VAT by their recommended installer. 

Havnt a clue TBH think he slightly drilled the holes out to make them a touch bigger honestly I’m not one bit mechanically minded. 

Another thing I would highly recommend is that you get a electric reel instead of the manual reel, makes life so much better. 

View attachment 22080

View attachment 22081

View attachment 22082
Surely when having a system professionally fitted they go through how it works with you at the time ?.... then anything you arnt sure about I would give them a ring and ask , seams a very strange set up if they don’t talk you through it .

Back