Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water tank and combo van

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Neil Ry

Hi all , 

As haven't the funds at moment to upgrade my van, i'm a sole trader 

I have measured dimensions , and would it be advisable to fit a 500ltr tank, but fill it to 350-400 ltr , this way when i upgrade i have the bigger sized tank ? 

any advice much appreciated 

TIA 

Sounds like a good plan to me. You'll make sure of course that it will be ok for dimensions and weight in the van model you're thinking of upgrading to?

Hi all , 

As haven't the funds at moment to upgrade my van, i'm a sole trader 

I have measured dimensions , and would it be advisable to fit a 500ltr tank, but fill it to 350-400 ltr , this way when i upgrade i have the bigger sized tank ? 

any advice much appreciated 

TIA 
If you are talking about a vauxhall combo heres an example of load bay scale.

I had a 15 plate vauxhall combo crew van with rear seats.

I was able to buy and pick up an empty 1000L IBC tank and fit it in the van with the seats down and shut the doors.

Obviously you can't carry an ibc with a ton of water but that's the scale explanation.

I personally wouldn't carry anymore than 350L because inertia and gravity is scary 

Sounds like a good plan to me. You'll make sure of course that it will be ok for dimensions and weight in the van model you're thinking of upgrading to?
Cheers 

I picked the combo up at a very good price , 

i one man set up , changing over to WFP , done trad for long enough need to move with the time's 

As for van upgrade , i only picked combo recently but trawling the internet for vans 1st thing look for is payload and go from there 

Back