Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New Unifrom for new set up.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

The Mac

Hi everyone, hope your all well. 

This is my first time posting on here & first time posting on a forum ever so be easy ? 

I'm in the process of buying and taking over a window cleaning business (wfp van, DI system, Gardner poles, kit etc & a well established round) 

This being my first venture into the window cleaning world and having no branded kit as such, I am wondering which route to go down kit wise and was looking for some honest opinions from your vast experience ? 

I'm thinking 2 options:

* SCUFFS trousers, jackets, polo's, waterproofs and rain suit 

OR

* Branded Unifrom, including polo's, softshell, cap, wateroof, beanie, body warmer in professional colours or some type of blue? 

Having a established round I would be looking to cement the customers trust and potentially grow the round further so leaning towards branded kit as that portrays a strong brand. 

Any other kit you can mention  or advice from yourselves would be greatly appreciated ?

Looking forward hearing from you! 

Go to a local workwear supplier and see what they have on offer, I have always used a local company, avoid lighter colours in a jacket as they get dirty very quickly with handling hose on wet days. 
Totally agree use local embroidery firm apart from work trouser my local shop supply all my beanies, basecaps, long-sleeve and short sleeve polos, body warmers and coats ? 

Using clothing with your company name and phone numbers looks more professional, we have some commercial clients that insist on this including wearing of high vis jackets with the company name on them whilst working in there sites . 

I wear my old Scottish Power T-shirts because they are good quality. Today I was quoting for a job and the woman who answered the door thought I worked for Scottish Power. It was her husband I was dealing with the first time but made me realise its time I ditched them for my own company ones. ?

Totally agree use local embroidery firm apart from work trouser my local shop supply all my beanies, basecaps, long-sleeve and short sleeve polos, body warmers and coats ? 
Cheers guys, really your input. Totally agree with the local bsuiness supporting, going to get all personalised and hi viz to cover all bases and portray a professional image. Many thanks again. 

Hi everyone, hope your all well. 

This is my first time posting on here & first time posting on a forum ever so be easy ? 

I'm in the process of buying and taking over a window cleaning business (wfp van, DI system, Gardner poles, kit etc & a well established round) 

This being my first venture into the window cleaning world and having no branded kit as such, I am wondering which route to go down kit wise and was looking for some honest opinions from your vast experience ? 

I'm thinking 2 options:

* SCUFFS trousers, jackets, polo's, waterproofs and rain suit 

OR

* Branded Unifrom, including polo's, softshell, cap, wateroof, beanie, body warmer in professional colours or some type of blue? 

Having a established round I would be looking to cement the customers trust and potentially grow the round further so leaning towards branded kit as that portrays a strong brand. 

Any other kit you can mention  or advice from yourselves would be greatly appreciated ?

Looking forward hearing from you! 
Good evening and welcome to the trade & Forum

I personally live in a hi viz vest or hi vis soft shell branded jacket.

Working in and out of vans in my opinion is one of safety now the night's have drawn in. Visibility is key.

As @Iron Gianthas mentioned try and shop local as independent and small retailers need ower support right now.

If you are unable to find a local company don't look for customised workwear on ebay as it's never good quality.

I personally buy black microfleace tops or traditional black sweaters along with combat style trousers all from primark. I visit the local embroidery workwear shop for heat press transfer logos or embroidery. It keeps the costs down.

As @Iron Gianthas mentioned try and shop local as independent and small retailers need ower support right now.
It's not just about that, using a local firm can be really good all round, the firm I have used for years have not just done my work wear they changed my logo colour for me and have done all my vehicle signage for years as well, they usually hold a ceratin amount of stock so you can get a look at some stuff as well plus they can offer advice.

I wear my old Scottish Power T-shirts because they are good quality. Today I was quoting for a job and the woman who answered the door thought I worked for Scottish Power. It was her husband I was dealing with the first time but made me realise its time I ditched them for my own company ones. ?
I'm surprised they didn't take those shirts off you when you left Scottish Power. 

Back in the mid 90's I had a year's contract as a Channel 5 video retuner. All our work clothes with Channel 5 logos on them had to be returned to be destroyed. 

Latest Posts

Back