Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

35cm DuPont ultimate single trim

I’ve been using the 26cm version. I have to say, it’s really good. Nice and light. Annoying that it can’t clean sills very effectively though. Unless that’s something to do with my technique? Suggestions welcome....i think ? But yeh, it’s got good scrubbing power. I don’t find the bristles splay too much ??

I’ve been using the 26cm version. I have to say, it’s really good. Nice and light. Annoying that it can’t clean sills very effectively though. Unless that’s something to do with my technique? Suggestions welcome....i think ? But yeh, it’s got good scrubbing power. I don’t find the bristles splay too much ??
Are you using the superlite single trim version or the ultimate DuPont tapertec version? 

Had the original ultimate DuPont natural hybrid since  they released them my son still uses its his favourite brush seems to last forever, However it splays a  bit much for my liking. 

The new 35cm DuPont is single trim no taper-tec bristles was just wondering if the bristle tips stay firm on the glass or splay.

Maybe @Alex Gardinercan answer the above? 

Had the original ultimate DuPont natural hybrid since  they released them my son still uses its his favourite brush seems to last forever, However it splays a  bit much for my liking. 

The new 35cm DuPont is single trim no taper-tec bristles was just wondering if the bristle tips stay firm on the glass or splay.

Maybe @Alex Gardinercan answer the above? 
Being a single trim brush the bristles do stay firmer on the glass and do not need to splay in order to achieve full scrubbing power.

I’ve always wondered how you clean the sills with a regular brush?? I’m assuming you don’t lower the pole and adjust the angle of the goose neck every window!

I’ve always used sill brushes ever since I started wfp. Started with a Vikan brick, then quickly moved onto the gardiners mixed medium and universal sill brushes. Most recently been using the Xtreme medium and flocked sill brushes.

I’ve always wondered how you clean the sills with a regular brush?? I’m assuming you don’t lower the pole and adjust the angle of the goose neck every window!

I’ve always used sill brushes ever since I started wfp. Started with a Vikan brick, then quickly moved onto the gardiners mixed medium and universal sill brushes. Most recently been using the Xtreme medium and flocked sill brushes.
You can get them with a standard brush if you have a swivel fitted

I fitted a double adapter onto standard gooseneck (Gardiner) on which I use a doodlebug to scrub sills, frames, glass. So on one side, I have the brush (not sill), flip it around and there's the doodlebug.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's down to technique, I have been wfp for over 12 years and had very few issues with sills it's simply a learning curve and adapting to different depth sills and ensuring you are thorough enough when cleaning them. 

Back