Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice on getting customers during covid

Trev9419

Hi everyone was wanting to pick your brains on how to get customers in this co19 / lockdown times. 

Is door to door knocking viable in the current climate? I'm thinking of knocking taking a big step back to respect social distancing. If they answer do my bit if they don't leaflet it.

I'm pretty sure I can get a decent amount of work and that it will be safe... but at the same time I am a bit nervous of negative words getting around. 

Or should I just stick to the leaflet drops (I d got 5000 at the moment. I'm also setting up a Facebook page and going to be active there.

To provide some context I'm new to window cleaning and wanting to build myself up. I'd say I'm equal parts excited and bricking it.

I'm going to go door knocking when I get my van n kit together.

I have already got face shields ,so the customer can see me fully ,at a safe distance I think the face shield should be acceptable and show you are following the governments advice. Which hopefully customers look at favourably. 

As Steve and Ian have mentioned, Door knocking and patience.

You may get a great response if you were wearing a face mask as you'll install confidence in them that you care about both your help. 

Go out and smash it, you'll do well 

Hey all. Really appreciate your thoughts thankyou. I guess I was a bit nervous about going door to door but you've given me a bit more confidence that it's ok to do . Cheers?

I personally wouldn’t worry too much. Make sure you’re not in their face when the door opens (this is good etiquette anyway before COVID). You’ll see who is wary of being too close as they probably recoil when they open the door.

Back