Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cost of living going up?

Martyn

Has anyone noticed the cost of things going up? particularly in the supermarkets. SWMBO was analyzing the receipt from her latest shopping trip and came to the conclusion that some items have gone up as much as 20% this year whilst other items have less in the packet.

I know that increases have been predicted due to Brexit, and then there is the Covid effect, but I would like to know if this is happenning accross the UK or if we are being exploited more than usual here in Guernsey.

Stay safe guys.

i spend £100-£130  at my local tesco every week and i live on my own!...it used to be £80-£90 per week so yes i think lots of things have gone up....
What the heck are you buying, my wife spends nowhere near that for the two of us and I spend a decent chunk on alcohol, although we don't shop at Tesco

i spend £100-£130  at my local tesco every week and i live on my own!...it used to be £80-£90 per week so yes i think lots of things have gone up....
Dam you love your food, I'm a singleton and only spend £50 a week on food 

Don't do brand names and cook a fresh home cooked meal every night 

Cost of living will ‘likely’ go up for a while. Governments have taken on huge debts across the world to stimulate through Covid 19s havoc on business and life in general.

Inflation is a viable move to reduce the real world debt cost.

What the heck are you buying, my wife spends nowhere near that for the two of us and I spend a decent chunk on alcohol, although we don't shop at Tesco
i dont drink or smoke either......?

im an 18 stone bodybuilder and 6ft 2in.....i eat the best meat ham,turkey,chicken,fillet steak,etc as well as fruit,veg,yoghurt,wholegrains,etc....this also includes toiletries,cleaning stuff,bleach,etc and i also spend at least £20 on protein bars per week....

Dam you love your food, I'm a singleton and only spend £50 a week on food 

Don't do brand names and cook a fresh home cooked meal every night 
what do you eat in a typical day?this is my food for today....

breakfast.......oatmeal with milk, blueberries,honey and chai seeds,2 boiled eggs

lunch.......180g smoked salmon on 2 barmcakes,pot of yoghurt

dinner.......2 chicken breast,2 wholemeal tortillas,salad,red and green peppers,salsa

snack......banana,apple and a protein bar

snack 2.......greek yoghurt,peanut butter and honey

i have a nespresso machine and drink 6 pods a day,buy the best peanut butter and also buy the most expensive veggie burgers because they taste better.....

2 pieces of toast,

Rump Steak, chips and a homemade hot peppercorn sauce,

For afters 6 or 7 pints 
is that all you eat in a day?what a terrible diet..........?

what do you eat in a typical day?this is my food for today....

breakfast.......oatmeal with milk, blueberries,honey and chai seeds,2 boiled eggs

lunch.......180g smoked salmon on 2 barmcakes,pot of yoghurt

dinner.......2 chicken breast,2 wholemeal tortillas,salad,red and green peppers,salsa

snack......banana,apple and a protein bar

snack 2.......greek yoghurt,peanut butter and honey
Very much a man who looks after his body!!! Well done.

Couldn't do it myself though, I like carbs and beer too much ? 

im an 18 stone bodybuilder and 6ft 2in.....i eat the best meat ham,turkey,chicken,fillet steak,etc as well as fruit,veg,yoghurt,wholegrains,etc....this also includes toiletries,cleaning stuff,bleach,etc and i also spend at least £20 on protein bars per week....
We don't eat meat so probably save a quite bit as I know it's expensive

i have a nespresso machine and drink 6 pods a day,buy the best peanut butter and also buy the most expensive veggie burgers because they taste better.....
You need to buy some decent coffee not those pods, I drink a litre of fresh coffee every morning it wakes me up a bit ?

Has anyone noticed the cost of things going up? particularly in the supermarkets. SWMBO was analyzing the receipt from her latest shopping trip and came to the conclusion that some items have gone up as much as 20% this year whilst other items have less in the packet.

I know that increases have been predicted due to Brexit, and then there is the Covid effect, but I would like to know if this is happenning accross the UK or if we are being exploited more than usual here in Guernsey.

Stay safe guys.
your not wrong. Take breakfast cereal as example. Box used to last ages, or seemed to. Now a normal box does about 4 average sized bowls. Pathetic. Many families would need about 8 boxes just for one weeks brecky. Outrageous, good on you Marcus Rashford ?

i love my nespresso machine....the sound of it and the aroma while its brewing...its just so damn convenient!i use 2 pods at a time....
I'm old school and use a cafetiere I have freshly roasted and ground coffee delivered each week, now that's proper coffee ?

Don’t get your protein bars from Tesco. If you go to bodybuildingwarehouse.co.uk you can get there own brand on deal for 50% off. I buy on average 4 packs of 12 per month and it costs me £24. Spend over £49 and you get free delivery as well. 

Went down the local ASDA tuffee aisle yesterday looking for a treat...and lots of what was £1 are now £1.25 to £2 pounds. Price increses of 25% to 100%. That aint inline with inflation.

? I feel sorry for you lol
? No need too mate, my wife is an excellent cook, we don't eat the ? they usually have on menus and I would say my wifes cooking is better than some of places we have eaten at in the past where there is professional chef's 

Back