Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

2 man set up in van

WCF

Help Support WCF:

johnny bravo

i may have to set up  2 reels in van.     anyone have any pics giving me an idea of best way to do this,   without leaks, lol

Which best Y piece or anything different

Had pics from previous but lost .  

i have reels, pumps  & controller,      its mainly the setup fittings coming from the tank.     Something i can turn one water outlet supply off  when not in use.       Should be better than  lugging a backpack around.

Last edited by a moderator:
i may have to set up  2 reels in van.     anyone have any pics giving me an idea of best way to do this,   without leaks, lol

i have reels, pumps  & controller,      its mainly the setup fittings coming from the tank.     Something i can turn one water outlet supply off  when not in use.       Should be better than  lugging a backpack around.
Not sure exactly what you want to see anything specific just ask all our vans are set out similar and work very well , just about to get another van and thinking I will use twin stack reels on the ns but un shore what to buy dint fancy pure freedom after my last experiences with them and not sure about the Grippatank reels heard so many mixed reports . 

4D30100C-14C0-43FF-8E37-35FAC7B0463E.jpeg

CC702905-EAEA-4A31-BCE7-7F28EC705D79.jpeg

D465CCFF-D028-4B3A-ABCC-94FBFB42FD7C.jpeg

0A49803C-6989-4754-8755-54BCDDD56AA4.jpeg

197B9425-0F5B-4779-935C-A4ADFC62842E.jpeg

I have separate outlets from the tank for each reel the Y piece one hose goes to the fixed reel and the other hose goes underneath the van to use free standing reels if needed , hope this makes sense . 

83B440B3-417C-40A4-AACE-FB6EE9924E7B.jpeg

42975A2B-CFA2-40DD-95D2-730CBED99E8A.jpeg

0B017B6C-0CE7-4807-9EA4-C7F55FD750F9.jpeg

Go to B&Q and pick up a Y connector. They do them from 3mm upto 10mm some double ear O clips and additional hose. All in the same Isle as the rope and chain.

Or if you wish to use garden hose get some hose fittings and a Verve triple Hoselock Y adapter and run two new hoses to your pumps 

Lay two reels out on the rear of the van floor allowing enough space to wind the hose up with the handles.

i went this route last time spruce.     the lad only come out a few days then gave up.     i took it out and stored away.

Setting up again now    .   either get a helper to help out or ill sell on some work.    Getting too much for me now.

Does any one use something different on there Reels  other than the traditional  Brass Swivel Elbow connections.      I find these can leak after a bit of wear

It will be great to be able to just purchase these connections all fitted with there hose .     Looks like hydraulics company might think of something to  use leak free

Does any one use something different on there Reels  other than the traditional  Brass Swivel Elbow connections.      I find these can leak after a bit of wear

It will be great to be able to just purchase these connections all fitted with there hose .     Looks like hydraulics company might think of something to  use leak free
If you want a high quality hose reel swivel elbow Lee at Bladeright sells a good quality brass fitting. A little more than your average chinsy brass generic brand.

https://www.bladerightcleaningsupplies.co.uk/shop/water-fed-window-cleaning/hoses-reels/heavy-duty-90deg-hosereel-swivel/

Screenshot_20201021-210447_Chrome.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
No problem at all. As long as the hose couplings are tight the system can't suck air. My lads pump in his Citroen Berlingo is fitted above top of the tank.
I am amazed, I always subscribed to the theory that they need to be as low as possible, in fact mine is mounted below the level of the tank by using the step space of the sliding door if that makes sense.

I am amazed, I always subscribed to the theory that they need to be as low as possible, in fact mine is mounted below the level of the tank by using the step space of the sliding door if that makes sense.
The lower they are the less strain on the pump whilst working , they should be as low as possible.

Mine are both about eighteen inches above the top of tank level. We can use all the water in the tank down to the last inch and a half) outlet level). Never a problem except if we're off for a week or more. In which case we sometimes get a little air in the line to the back door pump. I simply turn the flow up to about 90 for the first house, that generally spits out most of the air.
Then I progressively turn it down over a couple of jobs and settle on 55~60. My pumps are mounted high because they are at comfortable positions just inside the back door and the side door so that we can each simply switch on and off without any stretching, bending or climbing into the van. Same thing with maintenance it's all to hand with controller, gauze filter and pump all mounted together on a board. We do have a non-return valve in the main line just above the outlet (floor) level, and a tee-piece just above that.

The lower they are the less strain on the pump whilst working , they should be as low as possible.
Shurflos are designed to work up to a head of 12' - that's 12' above the water level. Both Shurflo pumps photoed on that van are over 13 years old. That tank and frame went into my last Citroen Relay and lasted a further 10 years. My pumps are on a different tank frame and they are fractionally lower, but not by much.

Shurflos are designed to work up to a head of 12' - that's 12' above the water level. Both Shurflo pumps photoed on that van are over 13 years old. That tank and frame went into my last Citroen Relay and lasted a further 10 years. My pumps are on a different tank frame and they are fractionally lower, but not by much.
It might work but will create more strains on the pump ,the lower they are the better they work they are designed to pump not suck as the water level in the tank decreases there is less natural gravity to aid the pump , so the lower the pump is the easier it is to supply water . This is why all pumps on fire engines and most other commercial vehicles have there tanks  sloping down hill and the pump is mounted low down , this helps stop cavitation 

Back