Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1 week to decide

Ian Docksey

So I have 1 week to decide on which of 2 to purchase. Either this system.

DetailsReviewsSpecifications

The FRAMED Budget system will appeal to those who may be starting Pure water for the first time or for those that may not be using that much pure water. Just connect the main water feed into the NEW 400 Gallon Per Day RO System and that's it, watch the water flow into the 350L tank. The Kit also comes with a pump,controller hose and everything to get the water to your windows.
This Kit includes the Following: 

350l Tank

Frame - Zinc galvanised steel
Pre drilled for your convenience

18ft Hammerhead fibre glass pole with lightweight brush head

400 GPD Reverse Osmosis System
400 US Gallon Per Day RO SYSTEM with Pressure Gauge includes:-
1 X 400 US gallons per day self cleaning Reverse Osmosis membrane
1 X 5 micron sediment pre filter
1 X Solid carbon block filter
1 X Refillable DI Filter
1/4" tubing
Please note that actual fill time will depend on your water pressure/TDS reading/ Water condition
this could be between 6-24hrs

100m 8mm Minibore Hose and Metal Hose Reel with professional tap

100psi Water Genie Pump
100PSI Pump suitable for a 12v DC supply,
5l/min Open Flow - suitable for single pole operation.

New Water intelligent flow controller
The most advanced water flow controller on the market! The new V11 version offers auto calibration of the dead end detection, improved pump drive electronics and auto compensation.
Digital flow 0-99
Battery voltage indicator
Dead end calibration,
Dead end detection .
Use with or without pressure switch and with any kind of hose (mini, micro or standard bore)
Suitable for all delivery pumps.
The unit is supplied with a kit of wires, connectors, fuse, fuse holder and instructions

Handheld Digital TDS Meter

Pipes and Fittings

This kit will be delivered to your door on a pallet and will include all the necessary information that we would give our customers if they bought face to face in our trade shop.
Delivery to all England mainland only or pick up is accepted
Once you have received all the components for this system it will be up to you to either install the system yourself or to get a professional to do it.
We also have other sizes of tanks (210L, 250L, 350L, etc) so if you are interested then please call us!!

Or the facelift. Which I'm now doubting tbh as from other post on here. Yes wcw have replied to my emails. But something is ringing bells in my head. 

Screenshot_20201021-164707_Samsung Internet.jpg

The FRAMED Budget system will appeal to those who may be starting Pure water for the first time or for those that may not be using that much pure water. Just connect the main water feed into the NEW 400 Gallon Per Day RO System and that's it, watch the water flow into the 350L tank. The Kit also comes with a pump,controller hose and everything to get the water to your windows.

350l Tank

1 X Refillable DI Filter
1/4" tubing
Please note that actual fill time will depend on your water pressure/TDS reading/ Water condition

100psi Water Genie Pump

The most advanced water flow controller on the market! The new V11 version offers auto calibration of the dead end detection, improved pump drive electronics and auto compensation.
Digital flow 0-99
Dead end calibration,
Dead end detection .
Use with or without pressure switch and with any kind of hose (mini, micro or standard bore)
The unit is supplied with a kit of wires, connectors, fuse, fuse holder and instructions

Pipes and Fittings

This kit will be delivered to your door on a pallet and will include all the necessary information that we would give our customers if they bought face to face in our trade shop.
Once you have received all the components for this system it will be up to you to either install the system yourself or to get a professional to do it.
We also have other sizes of tanks (210L, 250L, 350L, etc) so if you are interested then please call us!!

Or the facelift. Which I'm now doubting tbh as from other post on here. Yes wcw have replied to my emails. But something is ringing bells in my head. 

View attachment 22148
The difference in price is around £450.

£1,165 for the above

£1,615 for the facelift, the difference really is a powered hose reel with facelift. 

350l Tank

1 X Refillable DI Filter
1/4" tubing

100psi Water Genie Pump

Digital flow 0-99
Dead end calibration,
Dead end detection .

Pipes and Fittings

View attachment 22148
Not bad Ian, can they upgrade the V11 for the new flagship V16 controller. Its the dogs dangles, smoother running quiet and conserves battery usage 

Not bad Ian, can they upgrade the V11 for the new flagship V16 controller. Its the dogs dangles, smoother running quiet and conserves battery usage 
I can ask , I'm pretty sure there is no reason why not ,if I am willing to pay that bit more. 

Thanks for the reply mate. 

I am not sure if that R/O is suitable for the very hard water area you live hopefully someone can clarify, I wouldn't have a glass fibre pole unless you already have a decent carbon pole then use the fibreglass one as a spare.

Do you have someone who can fit the tank and frame if not pay to get them to fit it at there unit and the same applies for the Facelift you need it fitting properly fuel tank will possibly need lowering to bolt the frame to the van floor. 

You need to know your tds and tap pressure as if it takes 24hrs to fill the tank you will only be working alternative days!!!

You might need a booster pump but that normally means you need to be able to get a mains cable to your van. Unless you have a tank at home that you can fill during the day while you are out?

To be fair the price isn't bad as it would get you started, but that's where it ends. i.e. the pole isn't great but will work fine, the RO is a little small/slow, the frame is just uni strut (not very expensive but reasonable strength wise as long as you use big spreader plates under van.  So it might be a good way to get started and understand what you want long term once you build up custys and gain experience. 

Unistrut type channel is good as you can buy extra bits and add brackets etc to the frame to hold other stuff.

One thing it might not do is auto shut off when tank is full - not a real issue as you can get basic shut off kits for about £20 for that type of ro setup.

I would say go for the cheaper one. Good Luck and let us know how you get on. It would be great to see a thread about your install.

I am not sure if that R/O is suitable for the very hard water area you live hopefully someone can clarify, I wouldn't have a glass fibre pole unless you already have a decent carbon pole then use the fibreglass one as a spare.

Do you have someone who can fit the tank and frame if not pay to get them to fit it at there unit and the same applies for the Facelift you need it fitting properly fuel tank will possibly need lowering to bolt the frame to the van floor. 
I wont be using the RO as I have spotless water 5 mins away.

Yes I have a friend who is a mechanic and he is going to fit the frame ,tank and a split relay for me.

I am ordering an SLX or 2 from Gardiner 

Yes I have a friend who is a mechanic and he is going to fit the frame ,tank and a split relay for me.

It might be worth you asking them what the price without the ro and pole would be.

If its not much difference (£200-£250ish) might be worth getting full kit then you have spare pole and the ability to make your own pure in case spotless closes!! 

You need to know your tds and tap pressure as if it takes 24hrs to fill the tank you will only be working alternative days!!!

You might need a booster pump but that normally means you need to be able to get a mains cable to your van. Unless you have a tank at home that you can fill during the day while you are out?

To be fair the price isn't bad as it would get you started, but that's where it ends. i.e. the pole isn't great but will work fine, the RO is a little small/slow, the frame is just uni strut (not very expensive but reasonable strength wise as long as you use big spreader plates under van.  So it might be a good way to get started and understand what you want long term once you build up custys and gain experience. 

Unistrut type channel is good as you can buy extra bits and add brackets etc to the frame to hold other stuff.

One thing it might not do is auto shut off when tank is full - not a real issue as you can get basic shut off kits for about £20 for that type of ro setup.

I would say go for the cheaper one. Good Luck and let us know how you get on. It would be great to see a thread about your install.
Yep good old uni strut. Think I've still got fittings etc in the shed ,from my duct erecting days. 

Yep I'll keep you updated on install,photos etc. And I'll probably be asking advice on this n that. 

The good thing I can see with this system also is I can put the controls where I want them .

It might be worth you asking them what the price without the ro and pole would be.

If its not much difference (£200-£250ish) might be worth getting full kit then you have spare pole and the ability to make your own pure in case spotless closes!! 
Yep I was thinking. The pole can be as a spare. And I'll have the RO as back up also if needed

Yep good old uni strut. Think I've still got fittings etc in the shed ,from my duct erecting days. 

Yep I'll keep you updated on install,photos etc. And I'll probably be asking advice on this n that. 

The good thing I can see with this system also is I can put the controls where I want them .

Yep I was thinking. The pole can be as a spare. And I'll have the RO as back up also if needed
I'll probably upgrade hose reel to a powered 1. And fit an inline TDS meter ,only there for if I need to use the RO

I would as @ched999uksays not go for the R/O and what money you can save put it to one side to purchase a decent R/O in the future, if you happen to be on a water meter Spotless maybe cheaper for now and the future, an R/O needs running on a regular basis as they are usually set up prior to sale so if the membranes dry out they will be useless if it's just sat in your garage or shed for weeks or months un-used.

If you don't need the R/O you could surely purchase the bits you need seperately for less money, probably a lot less.

If you did need an R/O I would recommend a 4040.

I love Unistrut, I've got around 100 length of 3m in my workshop. Awesome stuff 

The r/o will become useless if it isn't used regularly, like 2 or 3 times a week.

I'm sorry, but the tank frame made from Unistrut just doesn't inspire any confidence in me. Unistrut is a C section steel profile which can easily open out under load. Its not designed for building tank frames.

Personally I would look at a delivery system from PureFreedom minus the pole. Get a carbon fibre pole from Gardiners. I would rather pay a little more and have a crash tested frame in the back of my van than a Meccano set bolted together from Unistrut section.

BTW, I have no issue with Unistrut. Its a marvelous system for what its designed for drywalling, cable and ducting support.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you look at unistrut the size they are using is rated at something like 400kg if bolted down at 500mm centers. So a full perimeter will probably be about 2500mm square so something like 2000 kg overall. So as long as the load is spread correctly underneath it should be fine. If you look at the unistrut 'nuts' they have a slot with ridges that 'grip' the unistrut to stop them opening up. It is designed for supporting loads and their site gives lots of info about what it can support. 

OK so I fully agree that a frame like this hasn't been crash tested but some of these 'frames' that are supposed to be for bolting a tank in don't look very well designed to me. They have no diagonal bracing very small flanges to bolt down with etc.

Both the tensile strength and yeild strength of stainless are less than steel. So the purefreedom frames might not be quite as strong as they look.

In an ideal world I think we would all like crash tested tank installations but cost gets in the way - ultimately that decision might cost people lives! 

If you're using Spotless Water, my advice is get the biggest crash-tested tank you can fit in your van.  I started with a 500L GrippaTank and that's the perfect size for me as I never need to worry about running out of water and do not need to fill up daily.

You don't need a DI system and as for the tank, most crash-tested tanks have a baffle system to prevent the weight of the water causing the vehicle to lean over on corners etc.

Its very easy to get overwhelmed shopping for a system, even once you've got a bit of experience and knowledge.

Only needing a delivery system which makes it much easier.

You need a tank securely fitted to your van, a pump and controller, and a hose reel. That is all. Everything else is bells & whistles.

buy a pre-wired pump and controller and connect it to your van battery, I have run like this for years on a number of different vans with no problems, ever. even running an electric reel now.

any hose reel will do, just make sure its secured to your van floor and it has 100m of 6mm microbore on it. Fixing it in place makes winding in easy. Electric reels are a luxury, they are a substantial investment in window cleaning terms, and are unnecessary starting out. You can treat yourself to one for your businesses 1st birthday. 

the last piece of the puzzle is the tank and frame. 500l is the sweet spot size wise, 90% of one man window cleaners will never need anything bigger. 350l is a great size and you can get a lot of work done with it. It might be a long-time before you 'outgrow' it especially being able to top up at spotless water on busy days.

Having a professionally fitted certified crash tested tank should be every window cleaners priority but it is the corner most often cut. Having the peace of mind that it is as secure as possible in case of an accident and that you van can be properly insured is worth the extra cost. I highly recommend either Grippatank or Purefreedom as i have owned both and they are seriously substantial pieces of kit. 

a 350l tank and frame from purefreedom will cost about £500, or the whole kit i described for £850 delivered. they will supply a fitting kit with bolts and spreader plates for about £100 from memory, then probably £100 for a local garage to fit it for you. So about £1050 and all you'll need to add is a pole!

Its very easy to get overwhelmed shopping for a system, even once you've got a bit of experience and knowledge.

Only needing a delivery system which makes it much easier.

You need a tank securely fitted to your van, a pump and controller, and a hose reel. That is all. Everything else is bells & whistles.

buy a pre-wired pump and controller and connect it to your van battery, I have run like this for years on a number of different vans with no problems, ever. even running an electric reel now.

any hose reel will do, just make sure its secured to your van floor and it has 100m of 6mm microbore on it. Fixing it in place makes winding in easy. Electric reels are a luxury, they are a substantial investment in window cleaning terms, and are unnecessary starting out. You can treat yourself to one for your businesses 1st birthday. 

the last piece of the puzzle is the tank and frame. 500l is the sweet spot size wise, 90% of one man window cleaners will never need anything bigger. 350l is a great size and you can get a lot of work done with it. It might be a long-time before you 'outgrow' it especially being able to top up at spotless water on busy days.

Having a professionally fitted certified crash tested tank should be every window cleaners priority but it is the corner most often cut. Having the peace of mind that it is as secure as possible in case of an accident and that you van can be properly insured is worth the extra cost. I highly recommend either Grippatank or Purefreedom as i have owned both and they are seriously substantial pieces of kit. 

a 350l tank and frame from purefreedom will cost about £500, or the whole kit i described for £850 delivered. they will supply a fitting kit with bolts and spreader plates for about £100 from memory, then probably £100 for a local garage to fit it for you. So about £1050 and all you'll need to add is a pole!
Will give pirefreedom a call . Cheers

So I have spoken to the cleaning warehouse. They are going to email me a quote for a delivery only system with upgrade to V16 controller. 

Looked again at facelift system. I see 1 review on it ,which isnt too great either.

A Pf 350l delivery system I had fitted last year at their unit, I already owned the tank and already had a battery as I was diy previously and I paid £1,213.65 the previous year I bought the tank plus tank outlet fitting for £203.65 

So I would have thought you could by a fully functioning delivery system from them for around £1,200 delivered, not sure if a delivery charge would be added though.

Hi all. Must say the cleaning warehouse have been very helpful. 

They have given me a quote for a 350L delivery only set up, including battery and split relay upgrade to V16 and fitting with full explanation of how everything works. £1,242 inc vat

Back