1 week to decide

Ian Docksey

1 hour ago, J and S said:

Aren't the floors galvanised nowadays?

To a degree yes however panel thickness now is like a 2020 quality streets tub compared to a 1983 tin 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ian Docksey

• Apw1210

• Iron Giant

• ched999uk

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its very easy to get overwhelmed shopping for a system, even once you've got a bit of experience and knowledge. Only needing a delivery system which makes it much easier. You need a tank sec

The r/o will become useless if it isn't used regularly, like 2 or 3 times a week. I'm sorry, but the tank frame made from Unistrut just doesn't inspire any confidence in me. Unistrut is a C secti

So ,I decided,  I'd give the floor of the van a coat of protectakote,  then I'll lay the rubber flooring. I'd rather do as much as I can to protect the floor,also make it look as good as possible 

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Pjj said:

I have a couple of friends that have vitos one is 2011 the other 2009 both are rusty especially  underneath and around the seams by the rear light and rear quarter panels and wheel arches and sills the headlights are like gold fish bowls 😂😂😂😂 I do like them though I still have a mk1 2003 Vito nice van to drive but rusty as an anchor . Picking up my new van in the morning long drive up to Manchester leaving in a bit 

I cant answer outside of my own experience and observations. Definitely very little rust on either of my vans. I do live well inland away from the sea air.

As Ian says, 'Have a safe trip'. Hope your new van is very lucky for you.🙂👍

1 minute ago, Davy G said:

I cant answer outside of my own experience and observations. Definitely very little rust on either of my vans. I do live well inland away from the sea air.

As Ian says, 'Have a safe trip'. Hope your new van is very lucky for you.🙂👍

Yes we do get a lot of salt down hear that could be the issue, but I hate to say it but the renaults traffic and master , and the Vauxhall’s equivalents dont rust like it , I hope we will long old trip sat nav is saying 385 miles each way 😬😂😬 

12 hours ago, Ian Docksey said:

So ,I decided,  I'd give the floor of the van a coat of protectakote,  then I'll lay the rubber flooring. I'd rather do as much as I can to protect the floor,also make it look as good as possible 

20201116_160248.jpg

Nice job, there is some small holes at the bottom of the bulkhead make sure you have sealed those up with silicone otherwise if you ever overfill the tank as in flood the van the water goes straight through in to the passenger foot well. 

• Like 1
On 22/10/2020 at 14:06, ched999uk said:

That sounds good as you will get an invoice showing they installed it which might help insurance wise. 

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

If it is the ready to go system they send on a pallet for you to fit beware of the brackets being supplied with self tapping engineering bolts.

They are not up to the job and need replacing with bigger bolts and spreader plates.

I know someone with the facelift compact system and now the whole thing slides around the van.

43 minutes ago, Dave B said:

If it is the ready to go system they send on a pallet for you to fit beware of the brackets being supplied with self tapping engineering bolts.

They are not up to the job and need replacing with bigger bolts and spreader plates.

I know someone with the facelift compact system and now the whole thing slides around the van.

They are fitting it all for me. I just go to them, am having delivery only system,with upgrade on controller.  

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, Ian Docksey said:

They are fitting it all for me. I just go to them, am having delivery only system,with upgrade on controller.  

Don't forget the picys 🙂 

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, ched999uk said:

Don't forget the picys 🙂 

Will update pic soon  as rubber flooring arrived just now ! 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, steve garwood said:

The newer customs are galvanised and come with a 12 year guarantee. It’s the older ones that were rust buckets 

Any ideas what year they changed?

1 hour ago, steve garwood said:

The newer customs are galvanised and come with a 12 year guarantee. It’s the older ones that were rust buckets 

I have a Combo, so will add as much protection I can. Would like this van to last a while.

Found out today. I will need to cut a hole in the bulkhead so my poles fit in. But that's nothing really. As long as all is kept safe.

1 minute ago, Ian Docksey said:

I have a Combo, so will add as much protection I can. Would like this van to last a while.

The underside of my combo has no under sealing but it looked solid last I looked, I wanted to hire a lift in garage to under seal mine with waxoyl but that's out of the window, hopefully next year as a mate of a mate owns a garage 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Iron Giant said:

The underside of my combo has no under sealing but it looked solid last I looked, I wanted to hire a lift in garage to under seal mine with waxoyl but that's out of the window, hopefully next year as a mate of a mate owns a garage 

I have a mate who has his own garage. I pay him x amount per month

He services ,repairs my car as n when it requires. Already got my van on the list also.

5 minutes ago, Ian Docksey said:

I have a mate who has his own garage. I pay him x amount per month

He services ,repairs my car as n when it requires. Already got my van on the list also.

I use a garage 5 minutes walk from my house and they look after me but they are always jam packed with work, I'll keep my fingers crossed for next year and get it under sealed as i only do 2,500 miles a year so keeping mine long term unless it's worth changing depending how this electric revolution goes with Gov's £40bn black hole 

Ive had my transit connect from new and just left my plastic load liner down and had my system fitted on top of it....that was nearly 4 years ago now....I'll be getting another new one in another 6 or 7 years probably...no sign of rust anywhere.....

• Like 2
2 hours ago, dazmond said:

Ive had my transit connect from new and just left my plastic load liner down and had my system fitted on top of it....that was nearly 4 years ago now....I'll be getting another new one in another 6 or 7 years probably...no sign of rust anywhere.....

If they do an electric version. I'd imagine they do/would.

Been looking to go to WFP for a while now. Been cleaning traditional method for 7 years. Not sure what my best option is and looking for advice. Do I buy from waterworks or facelift as a system or purchase a system myself and set it up. (Not great with DIY) Could someone send me a lift of what I’d need to buy?