Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Lithium batteries

steve garwood

ginger lion
Good evening fellow windies. Treated myself to a new DeWalt 18v 5.0AH cordless drill today.

Is it best to use lithium batteries until they are drained, or charge them as soon as you have used them? Thanks ??‍?

They have no memory effect so charge after use. 

The battery management built into the battery should stop it over discharging and over charging as it's a decent brand should be great.

Good evening fellow windies. Treated myself to a new DeWalt 18v 5.0AH cordless drill today.

Is it best to use lithium batteries until they are drained, or charge them as soon as you have used them? Thanks ??‍?
Thought this was a window Cleaning  forum not a B&Q info line ????? . On a serious note I dont think lithium batteries develop a memory I wouldn’t re charge it after 5 muinits use but if used for a reasonable time then charging it up won’t hurt it , that’s the way I charged mine years ago .  

Thought this was a window Cleaning  forum not a B&Q info line ????? . On a serious note I dont think lithium batteries develop a memory I wouldn’t re charge it after 5 muinits use but if used for a reasonable time then charging it up won’t hurt it , that’s the way I charged mine years ago .  
Thanks. The subject is in the chit chat section so all is cool ??‍?

My makita ones I just charge when it runs out and chuck another on as I have 3.

Son charges his after use with no issues either.

The makita charger is awesome and fully charges in 15 minutes. 

Latest Posts

Back